Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Ladies: Would you prefer to date older or younger?

• Younger

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Same Age

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Older

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • I don't want to date a man

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 22 31.4%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies: Would you prefer to date younger or older than you and why?

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Probably older or same age...younger aren't really too set in who they are as a person. Tho younger is more likely to fix my not very experienced requirment. Soooooo its tough to say.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
My last bf was older. My current bf is younger. I don't think the age thing makes that much of a difference, really.

·
speechless
1,710 Posts
I like younger coz I relate to them more I like 10 yrs younger lol
I think mentally i'm a lot younger then my actual age of 30 coz of my lack of social experiences/ development since I was 14
and some times I like guys 1-2 yrs older then me

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
oddly i've only ever liked any guys my age or older, with one exception. (it also has to do with not socializing with guys younger, since i didn't at school and the group of people i mostly see are up to.. 6 years older, i guess). it's not really something i always think of, though. once you get to know someone you get a feel for their maturity level and if it's within the same range as yours its not something you'd keep in mind. i tend to feel like a kid around a lot of people, but it's more of a paranoid SA-thought about appearing too young and having them not take me seriously. i look a few years younger than i am and also sound it too. :| i don't like it most of them time but i don't worry about it as much as i used to

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I want a guy about the same age as me, but I would go about 2 years older or younger if I was attracted to the guy.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I like younger coz I relate to them more I like em 10 yrs younger lol
I think mentally i'm a lot younger then my actual age of 30 coz of my lack of social experiences development since I was 14
and some times I tend to like guys 1-2 yrs older then me
you should work as a teacher in high school then

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Ahhhgggg - so ....many ....jokes - about.......Eat Me ....brand....dates!!!!!

Must......resist!!

I've been in....many relationships, but never really dated. And I should have.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I'm 25 and I'd like to date a man in his 30s. As for a lover I'd defnitely go with a man in his late 40s early 50s...hell yes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
older... more experienced and hopefully more mature and hopefully better off financially.

·
Coffee me.
444 Posts
I have only dated older. Sometimes much older.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Older (45-55), no taller than 5'8" and preferably with a receding hairline... that is my favorite look. Not sure why but every guy I date looks like this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i've never dated anyone, but im more attracted to older men. i don't think i would ever rule anyone out because of age though. Unless it was illegal.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
coudn't agree more. the only thing that really steadily changes with age, is your age.
this is true but sometimes people just have certain tastes. for instance I am ALWAYS checking out the older men be it in real life or in literature or the cinema. I just like the way men look when they reach that age and they have taken good care of themselves. sooooo sexy. That said, I also have dated 4 years younger and 22 years older. I guess it just depends on how you hit it off, but sitting here right now I'm digging the grey...hell yes.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I like same age or older. For some reason, it never occurs to me that a guy younger than 19 or 20 (or more than two years younger) is datable at all. I don't know why, I just do.

·
Registered
439 Posts
this is true but sometimes people just have certain tastes. for instance I am ALWAYS checking out the older men be it in real life or in literature or the cinema. I just like the way men look when they reach that age and they have taken good care of themselves. sooooo sexy. That said, I also have dated 4 years younger and 22 years older. I guess it just depends on how you hit it off, but sitting here right now I'm digging the grey...hell yes.
That's a very valid point. :)

This topic just gives me a feeling that most women probably won't consider dating me at first glance; even the ones that are younger than I am. I'm going on my mid-20s, but I look very young (~18ish), and because of this I only seem to attract the really really young ladies. So I can understand those that would say dating someone a lot younger than they are would feel socially awkward and unacceptable.

This is just a minor rant, nothing to be taken seriously.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts