Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few questions.

If you currently have a boyfriend, can you tell me why and how you got together?

If you don't have a boyfriend, can you tell me how your dating scene is going?

Can you please tell me why girls with SA have it easier than guys with SA, when it comes to dating and serious relationships?

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I don't want this to get sexist, and I am not a lady, but in general, guys make the first move in these situations - we get weird, wobbly-kneed, etc (will she reject me?). Ladies would react in kind if a guy approached them (what is he thinking? do I look alright?)

It's not who has less SA, it's when it hits!!!

·
Fall 7 times, stand up 8.
8,916 Posts
I met my boyfriend on the bus. He and his friend teased me. The next day my boyfriend sat next to me and apologized. We started talking more on the bus. One time he brought out his cell phone and I asked for his number. After texting for awhile, we decided to hang out. Since we live close we walked to each other all the time. We were best friends and happened to fall for each other. He ended up kissing me while we sat on his steps. At end of that day we made it official that we were a couple.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Can you please tell me why girls with SA have it easier than guys with SA, when it comes to dating and serious relationships?
Because they are girls and non SA guys are always actively seeking any girls. Most girls certainly will not ask any guy out, especially not a guy that appears anti-social or standoffish.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
After such a lovely and thoughtful thread title, how could I not answer your questions?

I have a boyfriend. We met (and "dated") in middle school. We became very close throughout high school, and liked each other without telling one another for years. I fell for him over his sarcasm, kindness, and passionate personality. He moved 90 minutes away in grade 12, and we finally admitted to each other we had feelings for each other. He still lives there three years later, so we do not get to see each other much, but we manage.

Girls do not have it easier than guys. Please don't start this debate again. It's insulting to all the women here who suffer with this disorder, and ironically, a huge turn off.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Who's debating? There is no debate. It is easier for a fairly attractive girl to get a companion than it is for a fairly attractive guy. End of story.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Girls do not have it easier than guys. Please don't start this debate again. It's insulting to all the women here who suffer with this disorder, and ironically, a huge turn off.
The title of the thread alone would probably be a turn-off to most girls. That shows a wrong mindset right there.

UnderPressure, you're a decent looking guy - work on the SA - the rest will fall into place.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
the bottom line is that, in our society, guys are expected to make the first move. we "have it easier" in dating, but not because our SA affects our lives less or because we handle our SA better, just because we're not expected to approach guys first. well, some do, anyway. there are others, like me, who still have trouble because it's nerve-wracking to talk to guys even if they make the first move.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After such a lovely and thoughtful thread title, how could I not answer your questions?

I have a boyfriend. We met (and "dated") in middle school. We became very close throughout high school, and liked each other without telling one another for years. I fell for him over his sarcasm, kindness, and passionate personality. He moved 90 minutes away in grade 12, and we finally admitted to each other we had feelings for each other. He still lives there three years later, so we do not get to see each other much, but we manage.

I love the sarcasm. The title is a bit of an attention grabber ain't it.

Nice story. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Your wrong. I said girls have it easier than guys when it comes to relationships, and not when it comes to all aspects of life.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The title of the thread alone would probably be a turn-off to most girls. That shows a wrong mindset right there.

UnderPressure, you're a decent looking guy - work on the SA - the rest will fall into place.
I started this thread out of curiosity, and not out of anger.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
there are others, like me, who still have trouble because it's nerve-wracking to talk to guys even if they make the first move.
ah, there you go. I could not come up with the statement because I am not a girl :lol.

U.P. - it's in the confidence and having the stuff to back it up. You can't get it overnight but you can work on it :yes:.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I am not a feminist, no sirree :lol. I am just a moderator :haha.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The thread title is terrible.
Your absolutely right. Where's my manners??? I'm so disappointed in myself (I'm super cereal!).

If I could, I would change the title to, "Ladies, get the F in here...please"

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Your absolutely right. Where's my manners??? I'm so disappointed in myself (I'm super cereal!).

:no :lol sarcasm :wife

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

I see you got some livin' to do, boi. Why don't you try that out on some face to face women that are strangers and tell us all how it went :)

·
Banned
791 Posts
1. No.
2. What dating life?
3. Girls do not have it easier than guys. Every guy that was interested in me was a player or turned out to be married. OR the first and only time I asked a guy out many years ago I was royally shot down and the guy told me he "would rather be a girl" and wanted me to refer to as a girl when we instant messaged online and then proceeded to ask me if I had MS. None of the "would rather be a girl" stuff turned out to be true. If someone has that issue, I am fine with it I confronted him later about the MS issue and he said he was "just concerned for me".....well nothing about me would indicate that I could possibly have MS. I would have just rather he told me that he wasn't interested and didn't want to talk with me/ or hang out again. It would have made life so much simpler.
A female friend of mine from college has asked many guys out and continually gets turned down. She is 26 and has not been on a date or had a boyfriend yet.

Women have it just as hard as guys.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I see you got some livin' to do, boi. Why don't you try that out on some face to face women that are strangers and tell us all how it went :)
Hey easy.....I think he understands the point I was making now. :(

Trying not to repeat a point.....this is being overanalyzed again. People, SA or not, have successfully formed relationships. We are thinking too much about it. We are better than the wasted thinking. Just be <- now repeating, work on oneself a little at a time, and give society's views a grain of salt to snack on and move forward.

That's as close to an advisory as I can get.....:troll

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.