Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Never

Votes: 9 27.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies: Do you color your hair? What brand and how often? Do you have it professionally done?

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't colored my hair in awhile. My hair is blond. But I just used Herbal Essence All that Shine and it rocks! My hair is beautiful! It has lots of shine and looks so pretty.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah I have in the past. My natural hair colour is slightly ash brown. But I've dyed it auburn and chestnut. I don't mind leaving it undyed for the moment. Usually my Mum dyes it with L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss or Exellence Creme and I once tried the Coleur Experte with the highlights...but it is probably better to get highlights done by a hairdresser. The Casting Creme Gloss is ammonia free and leaves my hair feeling soft.

I've had my hair dyed once professionally, but for all over cover my Mum does a great job. :D I've tried a natural henna dye too, it obviously fade a lot quicker but a good option if you have damaged hair.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
My hair is bright, flaming red. I think most people realize it's not natural.

The natural color is the blonde in the avatar.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I tried highlights once and they came out way too light. It also damaged my thick dry hair.
I don't think I'll ever get highlights again or dye it. I'm sticking with my natural dark brown.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Not at the moment. My hair is naturally a lovely shade of dark blonde with lots of highlights from the sun and I've gotten quite fond of it.

In the past, my hair has been purple (sfx dye), pink (l'oreal), dark red (garnier), highlighted blonde (salon) and brown (salon).

My favorite dyes for unnatural colors is sfx (special effects, have to be bought online or sometimes at Sally's) and for natural colors is Garnier 100% Color.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I cut and colour my own hair, as Salons charge a fortune, don't do what you ask, and screw up (maybe I've just been unlucky).

It was dyed black for years, then I did the cliche of changing it completely when a relationship ended - bleached blonde. I let the bleached stuff grow uot, and went back to my natural mousey brown, but it was too boring, so I went blonde> purple> blonde. Purple was best - I loved it!

·
Banned
118 Posts
Hee hee I just dyed my hair right now! I'm a crazy at home colour addict, its amazing my hair is still healthy. Dyed it from dark blonde to a dark golden brown :banana

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Yep. I don't color it, but I do highlight it. I get blonde highlights done at a salon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I haven't yet. But my hair is dark auburn, so people often think I do! I think I may get blonde highlights soon, but I'd probably never be able to fully change my color. I'd be too worried that it would turn out horribly wrong. Though I do wonder what it would be like to not be a redhead...

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
No,I have always liked the color of my hair-dark brown. Also I'm scared of the carcinagenic issues with dye.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't like color dye, I'm afraid it will damage my hair. D:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
No, but I used to dye it dark reds sometimes as a teenager (it was naturally dark golden blonde then and is now coppery-goldish light brown or dark blonde, depending on the lighting and who you ask). I did it myself and was never satisfied with the immediate result.

·
Immortal Corrupter
117 Posts
<<------Yes, as seen in my avatar ;).

Sometimes I'll leave in my natural color for a year or two though, then a crazy color, then maybe natural with streaks of craziness.

Right now I'm in the "crazy color" mode, which will last until I got sick of keeping it up.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
<<------Yes, as seen in my avatar ;).

Sometimes I'll leave in my natural color for a year or two though, then a crazy color, then maybe natural with streaks of craziness.

Right now I'm in the "crazy color" mode, which will last until I got sick of keeping it up.
Doesn't that extreme color that doesn't occur in nature (at least not in hair) create unwanted attention for someone with SA?:stu

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
i naturally have yellow-blonde hair. i've dyed it bright red and brown-black in the past, but i'm sticking with my natural color now. dying is too much trouble.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Doesn't that extreme color that doesn't occur in nature (at least not in hair) create unwanted attention for someone with SA?:stu
When I was a purple-haired teenager, the only attention I got was compliments from six year old girls. Everyone else looked the other way, for the most part. I could deal with that, I thought it was adorable that children liked it so much.

·
Immortal Corrupter
117 Posts
Yes and no, it depends on the circumstances. I generally don't mind the attention as long as it's positive. Living in the Madison area, most people, if they say anything at all, tell me that they love it. Which, admittedly, makes me a bit nervous, but it also forces me to interact with people when I probably wouldn't otherwise. Which I think is good for my SA. Now if I lived in a more conservative area, I probably would've never done this. If I'm back in my hometown, sometimes I notice people staring blankly, which makes me extremely uncomfortable. And there are times when I just want to blend in. But overall, I just really love the color, I've been obsessed with bright red hair for as long as I remember. It just feels right on me for some reason.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts