Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mild social anxiety while my mom's is moderate. She's had it for decades. I recently tried NOW brand's L-Trytophan (500mg). It was like an enormous burden was lifted off of my body and I noticed it just annihilates social anxiety, esp. if you take 1000mg. Same effect for my mom, and she's been dealing with social anxiety for a long time.

I've read on a message board that others have had the same experience. One person says it just destroys social anxiety. This has been my experience. It is phenomenal.

Any one have a similar experience?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just started taking it last week, and it's working wonders. I wish I started taking it four years ago instead of listening to my doctor and becoming addicted to Klonopin, which ultimately multiplied all of my problems by 100 and created new ones out of thin air.

**** medication, L-Tryptophan is all I need. Zero side effects.

·
Registered
127 Posts
^ i heard bad stuff about htp5, u better research stuff about it well and accurately in case. however i some person told me that this l-trypthophan thing is completely safe so maybe stick to just it?

^^ b6? damn more supps..>_> well ill just try to google for some food sources for it tho.
but do u have to take it like at the same time when ur taking this l-thing or it doesnt matter as long as u getting both? :/

·
Registered
742 Posts
This is what I take, and it works wonders:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/doc/enhanced.html

It has B6/B3 in it. It actually amazed me how well this stuff worked from day one. If you're used to taking SSRI's (etc), then you'll need to start out taking this in high doses. I started out taking 4g per day, but am now taking about 3g depending on the circumstances. But it really obliterated my social anxiety and gave me my "humorous" personality back. I went out with my girlfriend and I made her & the waitress laugh all night, it was ridiculous. I've been extremely confident in almost every social situation since then.

Feels good, man.

·
Registered
742 Posts
It sickens me how doctors are throwing out klonopin left and right to people with GAD/SAD. Absolutely sickens me. They should just give L-Tryptophan to people at first, and proceed to see how it works out before hooking them on heroin.

I'd much rather have chosen that path over becoming a zombified benzo slave that only contributes to worsened anxiety and unbearable side effects.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have mild social anxiety while my mom's is moderate. She's had it for decades. I recently tried NOW brand's L-Trytophan (500mg). It was like an enormous burden was lifted off of my body and I noticed it just annihilates social anxiety, esp. if you take 1000mg. Same effect for my mom, and she's been dealing with social anxiety for a long time.

I've read on a message board that others have had the same experience. One person says it just destroys social anxiety. This has been my experience. It is phenomenal.

Any one have a similar experience?
Took 5-htp (a precursor like tryptophan to serotonin) for a year back in 2007. It was the most effective thing I've ever taken. It took me out of a life long depression and helped me change myself in a million ways. The risk of heart valve problems got me turned from it though. L-tryptophan doesnt have these issues though and if I could get my hands on some I'd definetly give it another shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts