Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Klonopin

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  euphoria 
#1 ·
I am not taking this stuff anymore. It don't do anything for me.

#2 ·
That's surprising that it didn't do anything for you. Maybe your dose wasn't high enough? Klonopin is huge for me. Takes all the SA away. It doesn't give me the "drive" to be talkative that a dopamine agonist might but I'm not afraid of anything with Klonopin. The main problem with it is amnesia at doses of 2mg or higher for me. I found that 1 mg is pretty good for "normal" stuff like going to the store and hanging around people in standard social situations. 2 mg is good for more intense situations but then I start to forget. I feel that GABA is a major factor in SA and Klonopin further confirms this for me.

#3 ·
Have you ever taken a pure dopamine agonist? I hear they work extremely well for SA, plus they relax you. I'm not so sure GABA is the one at fault here, maybe it's a downstream effect of GABA(A) activation that interacts with dopamine. GABA(B) agonists, for example, don't do much for me and make me more depressed, and I think I read they decrease dopamine.

#4 ·
Whether or not GABA is the root of the problem, I'm not sure. All I know is that GABA agonists like benzos and alcohol seem to have a very beneficial effect. Of course, there is more to it than that though. Alcohol acts on other neurotransmitters including dopamine and serotonin. Benzos probably affect other neurotransmitters as well (via GABA). I am trying to investigate this further.

I haven't tried all that much stuff really. Due to my situation, I'm not in any position to do anything illegal of course. My theory though is that amphetamine + benzo would be huge for my SA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.