Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i theorize this is true. klonopin is a long half life. it is longer than my genital region believe me, i know it is hard to accept but its true. so yesterday i took 1.5 mg felt somewhat relaxed, today i took 1 mg and am very sedated. i probably will not take any tomorrow but it seems to actually build up so you actually get a stronger dose when you take it a couple days in a row??

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
i theorize this is true. klonopin is a long half life. it is longer than my genital region believe me, i know it is hard to accept but its true. so yesterday i took 1.5 mg felt somewhat relaxed, today i took 1 mg and am very sedated. i probably will not take any tomorrow but it seems to actually build up so you actually get a stronger dose when you take it a couple days in a row??
Klonopin has a large range of half-lives depending on the patient - anywhere from 19-50 hours. Seems like you may metabolize it slower than somebody else.

So yes, if you compound doses, the effects will continually become more prominent. Along with that comes more adverse events.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Klonopin does have a long half life.

I have noticed that when taking klonopin you can often feel fine but really be highly sedated. This comes from the mouth of someone who has used it for years.

Klonopin can definitely get you quite high, especially when taking breaks. I recommend its use only as an anxiolytic rather than intoxicant but if it is all you have I suppose its better than nothing.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Klonopin has a large range of half-lives depending on the patient - anywhere from 19-50 hours. Seems like you may metabolize it slower than somebody else.

So yes, if you compound doses, the effects will continually become more prominent. Along with that comes more adverse events.
I agree w/ this. It all depends, so it's important to be truthful w/ yourself when you are dealing w/ drugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.