Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy hangovers batman! Why didn't anybody warn me of the withdrawal symptoms of this drug 10 years ago??? After a year of being "cured", I decided to finally stop taking medication. Oh my! I tapered off of it gradually, but wow, this withdrawal is 10 times worse than a hangover... and it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
If benzodiazepine withdrawal is really bad the fastest and IMHO most pain free method is to detox with (Desoxy)Phenobarbital which takes about two weeks. The other option is tapering down very slowly with long acting benzos.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hard part of my withdrawal is over, now the living without klonopin part starts. I have been on meds for about 10 years, so being off of them will take some getting used to... and klonopin works sooo goood too.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The hard part of my withdrawal is over, now the living without klonopin part starts. I have been on meds for about 10 years, so being off of them will take some getting used to... and klonopin works sooo goood too.
How much were you taking?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you been taking that for 10 years, or just meds in general? Anyway, should be ok, since your tapering off gradually.
10 years on meds, 8 years on klonopin. I was taking 3 to 4 mgs for a few years. I forced myself to drop to 1mg a day 3 years ago because of my physical dependence on it... and eventually went back up to 1mg twice a day. My personality and behavior has changed so much over the last decade, I have no idea who I am and what I am like without the drug. I figured it was time to find out.

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
your problems are unusual, but its not good to take large doses every day for years
No they're pretty normal. I actually made a thread about my benzo withdrawal and I was taking about 1.5-2 mg klonopin a day for like almost 2 years. Benzo withdrawal is no joke. I'm still experiencing symptoms after about 4 months off. If you want to get of a benzo, go slow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts