Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My panic attacks have greatly increased lately, so my doctor told me to double the dose and take it every day until college lets out (2 1/2 weeks or so).

That's 2 mg Klonopin every day. Doesn't that sound like a lot? It sounds like a lot to me... And I'm still worried about addiction potential...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
2 1/2 weeks are not much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I take 2mg of klonopin everyday and have been for two years. It helps me with SA and helps me to sleep. I did go off of it because I got pregnant and the withdrawl was horrible but I made it through it and now I am back on it and will be on it probably all my life. I can't live without it.......:yes

Angel

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Ive been on klonopin for three years and no dependence yet

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
My new doc prescribed 1mg three times a day but that's too strong. I take maybe half that.On a really bad day I might take 2 mg spread out.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
My pdoc assistant prescribed me half tab to 1 tab a day. ha! I have to take 2 pills to feel any relief! (1 mg)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I was on 8mg/day.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I was prescribed it for anger more than anxiety. Does this help with anger?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Yes, because of the disinhibition.

·
Grind
2,433 Posts
im on 6mgs a day, 2 is not alot...

but you should be able to make it through...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
No, Benzos are weight neutral for most people.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
What is so good about this med? It really does not do much for me????

·
Live.Laugh.Love.
1,243 Posts
For about two years now I have take 2mg twice a day so 4mg a day and I still think I need more.

Funny I am not overweight by any means 140 5'6'' and well its funny I was making a doctors appoinment and they wanted to know what medications and the dose I said klonopin 4mg a day she said are you sure that would leave most people falling down. I read her the bottle she was amazed. It made me laugh but I could not live without it I am scare that when I do decide to have children that I will have to stop taking it! It is what keeps me from freaking out.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
All benzos do is relieve general/physical anxiety and eliminate panic attacks. They don't help me with social anxiety in the least.

·
Loser
207 Posts
As for me benzos give me a nice i-don't-give-a-****-feeling (It's actually called I-don't-give-a-****-pills in my country ;) ).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts