Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's been a year or so since I've been here and I just wanted to start another thread regarding KPIN and have people chime in on my intake frequency.

As some might know, I only take KPIN for the typical work week, or as needed (if I have a big event on the weekend). I've been through ATIVAN, XANAX and KPIN seems to work the best for me.

My intake is now .25MG - 1MG per week. If the week has a lot of social events, I tend to increase my dosage on the upper range (though nothing over 2MG / week), but I find that .25MG can actually last 2 days for me?

I take KPIN to prevent panic sweat attacks at work.

The biggest concern I've had is just the anxiety in itself. I don't know if this is related to the BENZO, my weekend BINGE, or just my anxiety as a whole. I find myself to be a lot more grouchy, compulsive in thinking, and depressed when I gauge myself w/ others. I find myself so tired of the daily routine, I feel super anxious during traffic and even at the check out lines at the super market. Once in a while, I do feel some headache. I often try to give myself time away from work so I don't have to take medication. I think I've gone through 1-2 weeks w/o medication before due to the work week not being too bad.

Because of the economy, I am fearful of my job, even though I feel like I could should find something less stressful. But at work, I've been told to give presentations and I just don't' have the confidence, let alone the genuine knowledge, so I play it off. Sometimes during meetings, I try to condition myself and speak up, and tolerate constructive criticism. I used to sweat at the simplest comments against me, but w/ KPIN, I've found that I can tolerate it. My body does heat up, but I don't worry too much.

Can someone chime in, if they are in a similar situation? In terms of taking medication and using it as an insurance in the work environment?

Should I change to ativan? I am concerned w/ the long term use as well as the 1/2 life. It seems as long as I am working, I'm going to need this, unless the job doesn't require me to stay DRY !

Please chime in.

EDIT: 09.07.11
Would using ATIVAN instead of KPIN since the 1/2 is shorter to be a safeguard I should consider?

·
Benzo Hater
202 Posts
If you drink a lot, then it can give you rebound anxiety, when it wears off. Same thing with benzos.

You definitely have SAD, from what you described. Like I said, you need CBT. You need to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts and replace the association of anxiety around people with relaxation.

The mind and body are closely interlinked. It maybe hard to believe, but negative thoughts will make you sweat, etc.

The sympathetic nervous system responds to your emotions and anxiety stimulates it to make you sweat, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you drink a lot, then it can give you rebound anxiety, when it wears off. Same thing with benzos.

You definitely have SAD, from what you described. Like I said, you need CBT. You need to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts and replace the association of anxiety around people with relaxation.

The mind and body are closely interlinked. It maybe hard to believe, but negative thoughts will make you sweat, etc.

The sympathetic nervous system responds to your emotions and anxiety stimulates it to make you sweat, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system
Thank you sir for your suggestions =)
I am definitely going to give therapy a shot. I know it will help me. Perhaps instead of drinking on weekends, I will find quiet time for myself and relax.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you take ? Also what do you mean clear to get back in line ?
I've been on .25-.50MG KPIN weekly as needed, but I've noticed that the 2nd or 3rd day after the drug, the rebound anxiety is terrible. For example, I take .25MG on monday, and by Tuesday or through the end of the week, I get terrible anxiety and weird thoughts.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read a few of your threads about kpin usage and it's obvious that you're wanting some opinions so I'll give you mine.

You seem to be very worried with how much kpin you take despite the fact that you use a very tiny amount. You should probably talk to your doctor about your concerns. Keep in mind that no treatment is going to be perfect. Everything has side effects.

I take approx 0.50 mg kpin daily and have been for years and it works so I don't worry to much about it. I take less than my prescribed amount becuase usually I don't need that much. However, if I do need to take more I don't feel guilty about it. Social anxiety can be debilitating and I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to live a normal life.
The small amount is very strong for me, even after being on benzos for the past year or so. But I've been on KPIN for about 6 months.

I am concerned because of the many stresses in life. I often ponder if changing jobs will allow me to be drug free. Yes, it is debilitating.

Will it affect me if I wanted kids?

I"ve talked to the doctor and said it's PRN, so as long I need it, he'll prescribe, but I don't want to be taking drugs for the next 20-40 years, so long as I have to work. lol

Again, thanks for your support, mr. vernan davis.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Damn thats a low dose.I wish that worked that well for me, 3mg hardly scratches the surface. Why do some people have such a high tolerance to these drugs? It seems i gained full tolerance in like 2 weeks.
Lol tolerance is a confusing thing. Not sure if bodyweight has anything to do with it, as this is often argued. I'm a small guy and find that meds such as benzo's and stimulants help me even at low dosages. And just from reading member's experiences from a few forums, seems like people who start off at a very low dosage and take meds PRN (and not too often), tolerance is less likely to build so rapidly.

Lol just my theory on it.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Lol tolerance is a confusing thing. Not sure if bodyweight has anything to do with it, as this is often argued. I'm a small guy and find that meds such as benzo's and stimulants help me even at low dosages. And just from reading member's experiences from a few forums, seems like people who start off at a very low dosage and take meds PRN (and not too often), tolerance is less likely to build so rapidly.

Lol just my theory on it.
ya thats what i think.Im pretty big haha, and i try to take it prn so it works better

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn thats a low dose.I wish that worked that well for me, 3mg hardly scratches the surface. Why do some people have such a high tolerance to these drugs? It seems i gained full tolerance in like 2 weeks.
I try not to take drugs if I don't need it. I wonder if it affects me if I want to have kids.

I am true w/ myself and feel my body. I can feel the drug working, and feel my anxiety and nerves b4 the KPIN, while on the KPIN and after the KPIN wears off.

It seems like this week, I'm going to have .75MG of KPIN in my system. I'd really want to know if this affects me when having kids.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.