Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What drugs decrease/increase the effects of klonopin. I am on klonopin now 1 mg. in the morning and 1 mg at night but I haven't noticed much effect. I'm wondering if either provigil or celexa may be lessening the effects, or if I just need to raise the dosage. It seems strange to be taking a stimulant with a benzo. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
It seems strange to be taking a stimulant with a benzo. Any thoughts?
My thought is actually a question. What reason does your doc provide for having you on Provigil? Is this being used as some ADD treatment? To offset the drowsiness caused by Klonopin? Because he just loves pills that cost $11 each (and aren't very stimulating at all)? Some other reason?:stu

·
Registered
228 Posts
Add 5 shots of vodka with every mg of klonopin jk jk. im currently trying glutamine and im going to try theanine when i get it i ordered it a couple days ago. But anyways if the glutamine helps its not dramatic. I have to take like 6mg of klonopin to knock out most of my anxiety. But its not pro social just anxiety reducing. But 6mg is one heck of a dose and it only lasts 3 1/2 hours. Thats why im starting nardil next week.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thought is actually a question. What reason does your doc provide for having you on Provigil? Is this being used as some ADD treatment? To offset the drowsiness caused by Klonopin? Because he just loves pills that cost $11 each (and aren't very stimulating at all)? Some other reason?:stu
Lol, I completely understand where you are coming from, but it was actually my idea to start the provigil in the first place. They aren't extremely stimulating but they are more effective than caffeine. So I was on provigil to begin with and then we added klonopin, it wasn't the other way around.

Hmm... grapefruit juice. Interesting.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
It seems strange to be taking a stimulant with a benzo. Any thoughts?
Isnt that like putting gas on the brake. I dunno about psychostimulants but clonazepam has worked for my panic attacks not sa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Isnt that like putting gas on the brake. I dunno about psychostimulants but clonazepam has worked for my panic attacks not sa.
Stimulants make me really talkative, while klonopin blocks a lot of the anxiety i feel. I thought it would cancel out and be ineffective but its been pretty good so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts