Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this med help others? It does relieve some of my physical anxiety but it does not calm my mind or my anger. Do people want this med? Is it popular? Is this med something like Adderall where everyone wants it? I dont understand benzos that much.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Benzos dont really work for me..i mean, they calm me down but they make me feel like i dont care about anything so as you can imagine, motivation is non-existent while im under the influence of benzos...

stimulants like caffeine work well in getting me motivated and energized but they make you crash later and also make you anxious....

its like with me i need a mix between a stim and benzo...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Or you might need a stimulant that does not have a crash (long acting stimulants, like for example Wellbutrin XR) and a small dose of an SSRI to offset anxiety and other side-effects. Works for me...

·
needs a time machine
6 Posts
It relaxes me, and stops those awkward movements when i move my head in public. I would say its a good med. I helps me sleep too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
At this point, considering how awfully severe my anxiety/depression is - Klonopin just helps "keep the edge off" of things, and, so far (fingers-crossed) is keeping me from falling into the abyss, so to speak. And since my mind seems to have gotten to the point where it doesn't function at all without some kind of psychiatric medication in my system - it helps my mind function (it doesn't function that well - but it functions).

When I take Klonopin, I don't necessarily feel that physical, "soothing" feeling - I may have felt it a bit when I first started taking it, but I don't feel it anymore. But I believe it does help with keeping some of the horrific symptoms of my anxiety at bay - but at 1.5mg - 2.0mg per day - it hasn't changed my thinking/behavior to the point where I suddenly feel comfortable interacting with people, or want to "get out" and do things.

And - as it does with Rafael - Klonopin does help me sleep. The last time I was medication-free - I suffered from pretty severe insomnia - and with Klonopin, I often get a good five or six hours of sleep. (I guess I should be getting a couple more hrs. of sleep, huh?)

I think there have been time when it has helped curb angry/obsessive thoughts - especially at the beginning. I worry that I'm developing (or have developed) a tolerance/"addiction" to it - which isn't a pleasant notion at all.

·
Loser
207 Posts
Benzos make me to don't give a ****. They make me stupid when I take them to many days after another.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I was on Klonopin 4mg/day for several years.

This is a popular drug of abuse, just like Adderall is. Usually, if a med can get druggies high then it works well in the patient population.

Anyhow, Klonopin worked well for the initial 2 months I was on it. Then I became very tolerant and took the Klonopin just to avoid withdrawal.

It is a wonderful medication for anxiety but you must be willing to deal with possible dependency and tolerance.

I wasnt willing to deal with the massive tolerance and dependence so I quit it completely about 2 months ago. I did the whole gradual reduction and the withdrawal was/is hell. It is a form of mental torture.

All in all, it was definitely worth going on because it did help for awhile and I also knew ALL the risks before I took it. I mean I did like months of research before I took it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts