Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm an 18 year old girl who would really like to get some advice! Last weekend, I went to a Christmas party with my workplace (yes, I know it's a little late to have a Christmas party). I actually didn't want to go because of my SA, but I met up with an old friend so it was okay I think. But it ended up with me being REALLY drunk, as I sometimes can't handle it because I love the free and relaxing feeling and to just be 'myself'. But as I got drunk, I found myself kissing with my collegue as the party ended. I haven't put any feelings into it at all, but my problem is just that I don't know what to do when I see him at work! It's horrible. I tried to smile at him just friendly, but he didn't seem to notice. And now when I see him I'm just hiding. I have noticed that he looked at me a bit more than usual. I think that what I should do is to relax about it and just talk to him like friends (huh - like I would do that normally), like normal people would do. But I just don't know how to handle situations like that... Do You have any suggestions on what I should do and how to behave?? Maybe any ideas for topics of conversation to make it less awkward to see him? Almost all of my collegues saw me and him, and I'm getting confronted with it almost everytime I'm at work. :blank

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
Oh, geeze. :doh

I had this very same thing happen to me once. A drunk co-worker made out with me after a party. She was extremely embarassed the next day and she wouldn't look me in the eye for months. What she did was write me a note "apologizing" [Huh? ;) ] for her behavior, etc. I developed a HUGE crush on her after that but she avoided me like the plague.
:fall

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
:)

I never did any such thing, although i had (once) a girl i did not know at all kiss me, back when i was still 18. It felt nice, although i was not really attracted to her. Kisses are usually good that way.

Now i would not dream of kissing someone i was not familiar with, or at some impulse. There is even a short story by Guy de Maupassant in which someone kisses a stranger, and ends up being sued for it. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts