Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my first post here so yea. I'm 15 years old and I suffer from moderate SA, mild depression and possibly ADD (my doc and I are trying to diagnose it and if I do he will give me a stimulate). I was diagnosed with SA about 3-4 months ago and my and my psychiatrist believe it's due to a family history and my very low self esteem (I have a severe lazy eye and I was made fun of when I was younger).
So my doc put me on paroxetine first which did nothing except give me severe brain fog and depression.
Then he gave me bupropion which helped a lot with my depression but did nothing for my anxiety and it just made me very irritable and angry.
He just put me on 125mg of divalproex er last week and so far it's done nothing except make me lose my appetite and give me anxiety. Plus all the scary side effects with this medication means I will definitely not be continuing this medication especially considering it causes liver damage and I already abuse my liver.

So I'm curious if anyone has any medications they can recommend that aren't an ssri or maoi. I really don't want a benzo either because my doc refuses to give them to me and I want something I can take daily.

I've wanted to take Tofisopam but I would have to order it online from another country and I think my parents would kill me if they found out I was taking mail order pills.

Thanks

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Atarax/Hydroxizin may help against anxiety, it does however according to littrature have some Dopamine Antagonist effects, im not sure a 15year old should take that.

I heard great things about CBT-Therapy... Your ADD thing if you get Adderall prescribed it could help with all your symtoms u mentioned, if your'e lucky...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get the test done to see what your resistant to. Everyone reacts differently so you'll need to get a good pharmacologist and begin that long road. Took me 3 years.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

·
Registered
20 Posts
Propranolol works wonders for me regarding SA. SSRI didn't do much for me. I heard Adderrall is great for ADD but really make sure your diagnosis is sound before you start popping pills. You're only 15 years old. Try to deal with it as naturally as you can before resorting to meds. I've had SA all my life but didn't get on meds till mid 20s. Not downplaying your situation, just my 2 cents. But propranolol is great for me and virtually no side effects at 10mg per dose.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Beta blockers are useless, they only solve physical anxiety but not mental. You can easily cure your physical anxiety with natural magnesium oil. Rub it on your chest neck and face. You will be calm like a hibernating bear.

Stay away from beta blockers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mustafa you are probaly one of those people who overexegerate the relief from non-perscribed substances and is afraid to take meds. Although some fear is warranted you should not try to scare people away from finding a cure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am on propranol for migraines and I does help my physical anxiety but I still have the mental anxiety. Also, ssri's did nothing for me and I don't want a benzo. I'm looking for something to make me a bit more carefree really

1 - 10 of 10 Posts