Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have a simpler question than last time: Who has successfully gotten rxs for ketamine from a U.S. doctor?

If you did it, could you tell me how/where, and what your experience was with it?

And while I appreciate cautionary advice sometimes, I'm just looking for this info right now.

·
Nyctophiliac
327 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't ketamine a horse tranquilizer?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
It is, but also an NMDA Receptor Antagonist and has shown in several trials to relieve Depression.

Probly lower doses then that to sedate a horse tough! :)

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
OK. I have a simpler question than last time: Who has successfully gotten rxs for ketamine from a U.S. doctor?

If you did it, could you tell me how/where, and what your experience was with it?

And while I appreciate cautionary advice sometimes, I'm just looking for this info right now.
If you search the medicin part on it, i found a thread where they do trial studies... Maybe could be of interrest... Me not living in US...Guess im gonna have to wait a while... Or if lucky they administer it with ECT (electro convulsive therapy) And then chicken out at last minute! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're correct that ketamine is used in high doses as a horse tranquilizer, and it's correct that ketamine has been used illegally as street drug with some very ugly results when taken in uncontrolled doses.

But unless you look deeper than what's on the surface, then Lyrica is just a neuropathic pain med, D-Cylcloserine is just an antibiotic, and all the maoi's that are all the rage on this site are just a dangerous, outdated remnant of old school pharmacology. In reality Lyrica is used in the EU and increasingly in the US to effectively treat anxiety, D-cylcoserine is showing signs of being helpful in the "extinction" process of exposure therapy, and maois are far-and-away more helpful for most users here than modern meds that psychs push.

Just read a few articles about ketamine that aren't on wikepedia. Check out clinicaltrials.gov. Even google scholar will get you started.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In fact, just read Crazymeds "How to Use Ketamine as an Anti-depressant" thread on this forum. It highlights some studies and explains possible mechanisms for anxiety/depression relief in simple terms.

I'm not recommending this med to anyone, as I haven't taken it yet. I just want to talk to the people who have gotten it outside of a trial -- and I know this has happened in the U.S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts