Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Keloid Scars.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pastelsound 
#1 ·
I have a couple of small keloid scars on my arm from cigarette burns. They're purple and raised and well gross. I've tried antiseptic cream and pawpaw ointment on them but neither have helped. I've heard mixed things about vitamin e cream... as anyone used it? What should I use? Is it worth seeing a doctor?

#2 ·
I'm sorry to tell you this but it this won't be solved by a simple cream. Usually a kenacourt injection will help level the surface area..as to the colouring, laser or fraxel will help improve it's intensity

From my experience with vitamin e scar serum (Cocoa palmers butter), it will help mildly with new scar colouring but not with old scars

But I'm no doctor, so take my information with a grain of salt..

#4 ·
I have hypertrophic scars. It should be similar to keloids only difference being whether they extend beyond the original site of injury. If they are still pretty new, you should hurry up to get them treated. They are more difficult to treat the longer you have them. My derm has always recommended steroid shots, they're very effective at flattening the scars and making them softer. I've also heard of silicone gel sheets, there's a scar scream that's supposed to work in the same way called Kelocote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.