Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who are, shall we say, lacking in the social department and spend too much time at the computer watching tv shows, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who does this.

I'll track the days by shows I watch...like, for me, it was True Blood on Monday, Hoarders on Tuesday, Teen Mom on Wednesday...The Challenge (this MTV show) on Thursday, and then nothing on Friday (I would be very sad). Week after week I would just wait for the next week, for these shows to update...to the point where nothing else in my life was really something to look forward to.

All I had to look forward to were those shows...and blowing my money on **** I couldn't afford.

Does anyone else live their life this way? It suddenly makes me realize how horrifically empty my life really is.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
i dnt track the days by shows-- lol sometimes i dnt even know what day it is, but i do spend most of my time at the computer and tv, spend money on **** i prolly shouldnt spend it on lol

1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't exactly track the days...but since I barely worked, my life was based around shows, eating unhealthy food, and buying things. My life still feels horribly empty, but now I exercise and eat right...which sucks in a way, since eating junk food is one of my few physical pleasures in this world.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Yes I do this. Sunday- Dexter, Homeland, Tough love. Monday- nothing really, used to be Intervention but no new episode. Tuesday- Nothing. Wednesday- The real world, An American horror story. Thursday- Not much of nothing. Friday- nothing. Saturday nothing.

So, I do know how you feel. I seem to get track of days by shows. So we have both empty lives. :p

1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that those shows are over...I'm thinking it's time to just start watching series randomly.

Now that I have no job, am a virgin at 27, AND live with my mom, I'm a triple extra special official loser.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I sort of do this for hockey games but the schedule isn't regular. I just use them as something to look forward to and aim for, to get through a boring class or tough shift.

Usually they're the only thing I have to look forward to, and thank goodness because I'd likely blow up at a customer or something otherwise in despair.

·
Banned
253 Posts
I was going to start doing this THIS WEEK so I had something to look forward to a bit more this fall and winter. There are so many shows I can watch, old and new, and I want a way to space them out a bit.

Now reading this, I'm not so sure I want to! I don't no whether to be thankful or sad :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sunday- Dexter of course
Monday-.. nothing?
Tuesday- Glee!
Wednesday- Criminal Minds
Thursday- Greys Anatomy
Friday- Intervention Canada
Saturday- Nothing.

I guess I dont really keep track of the days of the week..

·
King of Orochi's
450 Posts
I just recently started watching American horror story, cool show. Every wednesday...

1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TV lets us all disappear into a world where we live in the world of the characters, and are therefore cool. For just half an hour to an hour...we become cool. We disappear into a world that doesn't exist, and leave all the crap of our real lives behind.

The problem is that shows end, and then reality comes back.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yep! When I am not watching TV, I am waiting for new TV to be watched.

The days where there are no new shows, I have nothing to look forward to.. It's painfully disappointing when a show skips the day that you're use to also. Like Dexter was suppose to be on Sundays but there were no updates for like 2 or 3 weeks since the first episode of this season? At least not on the website where I get my fix. I was very displeased.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts