Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still haven't moved out and am now paying the rent as well as groceries water and electricity at my parents house. i feel like i am losing my mind and like i am taking care of everybody and none of them take care of me. and i am starting to get really angry and really sad about this. first time i don't feel the beneficial heroine in the soap opera that is my life. i feel pissed at my parents for not having worked in the last 17 years. i feel pissed at my brother who thinks because he has a family of his own now he doesn't have to SEE what's right in front of his face regarding my parents and i. i feel pissed at my aunt that lives with us and that has been supporting us with her disability grant all these years for feeling like 60 is too old to to have to take care of yourself. and i am pissed at myself for staying and being stuck in this never ending cycle through my own dumb choices. i am angry for the first time in my life and its leaving me exhausted and weepy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really really want to. But then I keep thinking what's gonna happen to them. I am there means of support. And then I go between pissed and weepy which doesn't help depression at all. And they refuse to start there own little home industry or something as at 60 they are "too old". Do I just move out and leave them like that? I am so making this decision harder than it should be.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
I really really want to. But then I keep thinking what's gonna happen to them. I am there means of support. And then I go between pissed and weepy which doesn't help depression at all. And they refuse to start there own little home industry or something as at 60 they are "too old". Do I just move out and leave them like that? I am so making this decision harder than it should be.
I would encourage you to seek help from the local social services office. They will get you the help you need to support your family and still have a life. There is no reason that a person should have to (entirely) support their parents today. There is help out there, but it may mean that you will have to take initiative to make the contacts and get help to make the changes, and I realize that this is hard for someone with SA. I do wish you the best in the endeavor, it would be hard for me to do with my parents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advise. I really do need to actually DO something about this or I am going to end up in the clinic again. Thank you for the support though

·
Time Lord
178 Posts
I feel you on this one
I take a lot of responsibility in my house too
it feel like my family is taking advantage of me
and like i will never be able to get away from it, because they are my family, and I want to help them
...but there is only so much you can do...
:|

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The anxiety stays at an all time high because I never feel like what I am doing is enough. And the depression is at an all time high because I can't do what I want to. I just sleep alot now so that I don't have to interact with anyone in the house anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have Social Phobia, and have found it very difficult to make friends as a result. But, friends form an essential part of our support system. I know there are others out there, facing the same problem.

This is why I've started a blog, which serves as an online presence for Social Support, for those suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and/or Depression. The objective is for us to eventually organise meet-ups through the blog, in the most relaxing and comfortable circumstances possible.

So, if you're living in Cape Town, and looking for some friends, have a look at my blog: www.sadct.wordpress.com

Take care,
Sam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rosacea Relief

Uncertain about exactly what you are searching for, before using any medicine or herbs you have to consult with a doctor. For more information or even to educate yourself you can go through some very nice sites like LiveStrong etc ... also you will get a totally free ebook on rosacea relief here http://www.rosaceatreatmentguide.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts