Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Closed. I find difficult to sleep with the bedroom door open. It makes me anxious.

(Because of course, any intruder or boogieman is going to be repelled and prevented from doing me harm by the presence of an unlocked, internal household door. :D)

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
Mine has to be closed when I'm sleeping. It's usually closed during the day too because I have house bunnies who would escape and destroy everything if I left it open.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
If I have to run the window air in my room I will keep the door close, but will have it open if I don't have to run the air. I live in a big two and half story house so I have plenty of privacy. I do keep the door shut during the day to keep my two young cats from going in there to chew on wires. I have wires on the stereo, tv, and the air pump for my mattress they like to go after in there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I keep my door open all the time. Its old, no lock and gets jammed shut if I close it so I never bother closing it anymore. Only time I do is when I'm angry about something and swing it shut only it swings back open since it can't close properly lol

I'm situated far enough away from the rest of the family in my house so don't get too many interruptions. When it happens, I really don't mind at all. Although I will close it sometimes depending on the number of people visiting for parties, etc.. which doesn't happen often now, thankfully.

I have a problem with my windows more than my door since I still don't have curtains for them though haha.

2,348 Posts
I have it closed most of the time. If I have the window open sometimes I leave my door open a little bit to get a breeze.

I also feel safer with my door closed. :)

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
mine is always open haha =] except when i change :)

it's creepy with my door closed lmao xD

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
I'm keeping that door closed;nobody needs to know my business.

·
Unavailable
212 Posts
I almost always keep it closed. I hate when people try to open it without knocking (I don't currently have a lock on my bedroom door). So annoying!

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I could've writen this myself. If I shut my door my parents get all mad saying I'm hiding. But we have a million people living here and it just gets so loud that I can't concentrate on whatever I'm doing.

I also hate it when my door is shut, someone comes in for something and then they don't shut the door on their way out.
Same here. If I keep my door closed, I'm hiding. I'm not. I just like being in my room and not socializing with my family.

And what is it with not closing the door after you leave my room? I always close a door if it was closed when I entered, but no one shows me the same courtesy. It's kind of annoying.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I don't have a bedroom.:rain
Do you live in a studio apartment or do you live with other people and they hate you and make you sleep in the cellar instead of a bedroom?
:um

·
Registered
582 Posts
On my own in the past open so my cat could come in a visit me.

At home closed so my parents and light wont bother me as i sleep til 11 normally. (My cat is a a friends right now)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Resonant topic. Until I was about 16 or so, my mother (an abusive alcoholic) insisted that I keep my bedroom door open ALL the time. To prevent self-abuse, of course, but it didn't work. :D I think also to keep me in her thrall.

·
Registered
515 Posts
At home, I ALWAYS keep it open, but in my uni house I keep it closed because my housemate plays her music loud and I like my privacy plus exclusion from her.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I always kept mine closed but I realized my mom felt a bit closed off from me as a result so I leave it open more often now.
That's why I've started leaving mine open, so my parents don't feel shut out. My room can be seen from the front door, and I'm right next to the bathroom and staircase, so I keep it shut for privacy. Every time someone comes upstairs they see me and I don't like it. I'm not doing anything 'wrong' or something I need privacy for, but I just don't like it.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Do you live in a studio apartment or do you live with other people and they hate you and make you sleep in the cellar instead of a bedroom?
:um
lol no. I live in a crappy 3 bedroom house with like 8 people so i gotta sleep on the floor. No privacy what so ever:blank

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
lol no. I live in a crappy 3 bedroom house with like 8 people so i gotta sleep on the floor. No privacy what so ever:blank
Ooooohh, that explains it much better than the cellar thing, haha....

:idea Maybe you could steal a bed! It's not fair to have to sleep on the floor all the time!

41 - 60 of 101 Posts