Votes: 36 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 47.1%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
PASTAMANIA BROTHER
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you keep a journal or diary or whatever name you wanna give them?

I keep a journal, but I rarely write in it. Instead of writing about what happened everyday (which is not much in my life), I write my thoughts and feelings. It's a bit therapeutic I think. I also like the concept of being able to go back many, many years later and read the sort of stuff that I wrote in the past. I think that'd be interesting.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I've kept a Word document diary since I was about 13. I attempted hand-writing one a couple of times but it was too much effort. Also writing it on the computer makes it easier to search through (Ctrl+F).

It's very embarrassing reading over stuff I wrote when I was younger. I was an idiot. Thank god I was quiet and never expressed any of my stupid thoughts in public.

It's also interesting to read through it and see how I went from occasionally self-deprecating, to more frequently self-deprecating, to quite often self-loathing, to pretty much every entry including some form of full-blown scathing self-hatred.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I have been writing in one on and off pretty much my whole life. The past couple of months I have been writing in it everyday. I love writing in it. My life has been really crazy these past couple of months and I love writing rambling entries in there to help sort everything out in my mind. It feels so calming. I write so much that I have been going through full 70 page notebooks in two or three weeks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I started one last week. I was very depressed and thought it was important to write down how I felt. I'm still writing it each day (even though I don't feel like it) just so I can read over it all in a month's time or something. It feels like I'm recording how I feel so my future self can evaluate it.

·
Banned
322 Posts
One of my blogs serves as a journal...or rather it did, but I don't update it on anything like a daily basis and it really is becoming more like a series of cathartic rants and occasional descriptions of feelings or events...so my true answer should be "sort of"...but I voted yes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes, I've written in various pen-and-paper journals on and off since I was in junior high. In the past it's always been about emotions, usually about being sad or depressed or furious for one reason or another. In recent months I've tried to be more regular about it, recording day-to-day events, even if I have nothing more to say about them than a dry report of the facts. It's a good way to organize your thoughts and practice your handwriting (not that it really does all that much good in my case).

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I recently started an SA journal to record bad episodes.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
No I don't.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I voted no, but i wrote one entry in my "diary" (word document) the other day and I'm going to again, so maybe I do.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
No, but I post on my visitor messages so that is kind of like my journal.

·
sleep deprived
13 Posts
I've been keeping journals/diaries since I was 10. I think the longest I've gone without writing in one (since I started) was 5 months.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I did until a couple years ago. I put so much in it and it was really valuable to me, but then one day I got really depressed and shredded it :( I'll never bother with one again.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I've kept journals ever since I could remember and I still have them all in a little decorated box I have named 'My Life'.
Unfortunately, I left out of my room (at the time, my mom didn't allow locks on the doors) when I was 13 and 'My Life' was open and my sister read a few pages out of one of my journals to her friends and they laughed their heads off. I remember I didn't finish that year's journal. It's also made me buy journals with locks on them and I am always uncomfortable telling people things about myself, now, because of that.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I also like the concept of being able to go back many, many years later and read the sort of stuff that I wrote in the past. I think that'd be interesting.
Even more interesting to read someone else's. (Which is why I don't keep a diary!) I once came across an old journal of my mom's which she'd kept as a teenager and it was quite entertaining: "Saw B. today", "M. smiled at me today", etc. Proof that she wasn't always a no-nonsense mom!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts