Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest brother,and his girlfriend took me along to karaoke night. First, my brother and (let's call)John did "hero" Enrique Iglesia, to serenade his girlfriend. Some idiot put Thriller on, and backed out from the challenge. So John and I tried to sing it ( man, michael jackson is difficult to sing !)
Then I did Coldplay's Clocks, at least that one turned out ok.

The club was mostly empty though,the others people were mostly middle aged tourists.

Singing in front of a bunch of old people, from another country, whom I may never see again is probably not the most 'social' event ... but its a start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome! I've always been too scared to do karaoke, I always just watch my friends do it. One of my short -term goals in overcoming my social phobia is to get up there and sing something. It might take a few attempts, though...I'll probably chicken out like that Thriller guy once or twice first.

·
PASTAMANIA BROTHER
441 Posts
Sounds like fun. Karaoke sounds like a fun thing to do during a night out. Being as goofy as I am, it would be a perfect setting for me. I could just imagine trying to go up there and do Thriller or something lol.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
I have knighmares about having to get up and do karaoke! I would washout horribly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts