Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up Catholic. My direct family wasn't very active, but my mom's family was. I went to religious ed classes and all of that. At about 5th grade I stopped going to religious ed due to financial issues. I've lost a lot of the knowledge I gained since that time.

Anyways, to get to the point, since I met Greg I've been much more interested in my faith (the Catholic Engaged Encounter was a big boost). The wedding was a big big factor in that too. I got really interested the other day and went out and bought a book to learn a bit more. I also signed up for some free online classes that I found through my archdioses(i know i cant spell) site.

Since I've started a lot of good has been coming into my life. I got a volunteer position doing teen counseling on an internet site (which really boosted my confidence in myself and it made me feel good because I can give info to teens that I wish I'd had at that time) I've also been getting more successful at my attempts to exercise.

I've also been getting little signs, for instance, I just happened to pick up a Readers' Digest today and there was an article on the proof of the effectiveness of prayer.

I'm lucky to have a hubby that supports me and my attempts to discover my faith, the poor man has been pounded with questions since I've started. Him being raised in a fairly religious family for some reason makes me think he has all the answers LOL.

My next mission is to try to make it to a mass, and to stay the whole mass. (I usually end up having anxiety towards the end and have to leave early due to my panic attacks.) I would also really really like to try to find a retreat, since I really enjoyed the engaged encounter (which is basically a retreat). It really put my focus back on where it belongs.

I just thought I'd post this because it's all so exciting and new to me that I'm just about to burst!!

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
((((Ashley))) It's good to see you on here and I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well and finding your faith again. The volunteer internet counseling sounds awesome. I've done that before and I learned so much about God and myself from that experience. I know this is such an exciting time for you and I can't wait to hear about all the things God shows you and the ways He uses you to reach out to others. :)

Karen

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Ashley, I am so happy for you!!!! :) I know that you are going to end up helping a lot of people through that website! :) Amen and Hallelujah!! :banana

1 - 3 of 3 Posts