Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a couple days ago, The doc put me on .5 twice a day, and to tell you the truth i really dont feel anything at all. Would there be any benefit of trying 1mg in the morning then 1mg at night? I imagine this is what the doc is going to tell me in 3 weeks to do so I imagine I will just save her some time and do it myself.( i have does stuff like this before and she understands)

Also, does the tiredness wear off eventually or is it always like this. I know they kick in right away unlike SSRI's(which i have literally tried every one over the last 4yrs) but do they still take a couple weeks in your system at a constant rate to see the full effect?

Looking for suggestions also on what i should try next after this then if it does not work out. She named off a few benzo's, i would rather stay away from Xanax though.

OTher than SSRI/SNRI's and Benzo's is there any other med types for SAD?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I highly advise you to talk to your doctor before you make any changes to your dosing.

Currently, I take 1mg at night and 1mg midday as needed. When I started taking it, I took 1mg at night and I felt the effects pretty strongly and it would make me fall asleep. Now, it still has a slight effect on my energy levels, but a banana and some coffee or tea offsets it. It's worked out quite well for me over the five months I've been taking it.

Drew

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are a few people on this forum that have tried MAIO's. I myself haven't but am planning on it. I've heard that Parnate works quite well.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Started a couple days ago, The doc put me on .5 twice a day, and to tell you the truth i really dont feel anything at all. Would there be any benefit of trying 1mg in the morning then 1mg at night? I imagine this is what the doc is going to tell me in 3 weeks to do so I imagine I will just save her some time and do it myself.( i have does stuff like this before and she understands)

Also, does the tiredness wear off eventually or is it always like this. I know they kick in right away unlike SSRI's(which i have literally tried every one over the last 4yrs) but do they still take a couple weeks in your system at a constant rate to see the full effect?

Looking for suggestions also on what i should try next after this then if it does not work out. She named off a few benzo's, i would rather stay away from Xanax though.

OTher than SSRI/SNRI's and Benzo's is there any other med types for SAD?
I take 1mg 2x aday. I agree with Drew, dont ever switch doses without talking to doctor. And for me I had a little tiredness for a week or so, but it went away quickly!!! Klonopin helps me out alot!!!

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
There are a few people on this forum that have tried MAIO's. I myself haven't but am planning on it. I've heard that Parnate works quite well.
Maois(emsam patch) is working great for me. It helps with my Depression alot and also my ocd. The risks are way over blown in my opinion!!! The patch is 500$ a month-covered by my insurance-thank god!!! But yea, I have heard that parnate and nardil work well. I may have to switch to one of them if I lose my coverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know it kicks in right away, but does it still take a couple weeks to really take effect or will you know within a couple days of the first doses?

Im on day three and to tell you the truth i think my irritability has dropped a bit but the anxiety has not been effect.

I switched it up to 1mg twice a day starting today. and I feel no effects at all it seems, alittle more energized maybe but a calm energized i guess. I dont feel ****ty as i normally would i guess

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
This is something you should discuss with your doctor.

My understanding is that the effects of benzodiazepines should be noticeable on the first dose (that is, if you are taking enough for you personally to feel the effects) and many people build a tolerance over time (although some can take them for years without building a tolerance). It's not like an MAOI, like Nardil, where it can take weeks or months for the effects to be felt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts