Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking out the patio door window and seen a big deer in the ladies yard across from my house. I couldn't tell if it was a Buck or Doe due to it is still dark out. But the deer walked across the street into the yard north of my house. I wish it was light so I could of snapped a picture, but if it was day it would of ran away when a car came down the street. It has been hanging around this neighborhood all winter, because every morning I would see deer prints in the snow around my house. Probably was eating the birdseed on the ground around the bird feeders here. I wish I could spot a black bear. One year there was a black bear roaming around the neighborhood and there also was a black bear last year that was playing in the parking lot of the bank downtown. I never seen both of them.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Aaaawww, that's so cool! I wish I lived in the country where I could see things like that. I've never seen a bear in the wild, but I did see some bear poop :D. Exciting, eh?

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaaawww, that's so cool! I wish I lived in the country where I could see things like that. I've never seen a bear in the wild, but I did see some bear poop :D. Exciting, eh?
I live in town, but the town has a pop of 5000 so compared to Vancouver it would be the country. :lol My dad sees bears all of the time. He even had one that broke his patio door window. It completely shattered. One time there was a bear and it's two cubs playing in the middle of the highway in front of their house that stopped the traffic.

·
SAS Member
31,298 Posts
I would be surprised if you didn't see more of them. I live in a wooded area so seeing deers and other wildlife is a common occurance, but they are usually just female deer.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be surprised if you didn't see more of them. I live in a wooded area so seeing deers and other wildlife is a common occurance, but they are usually just female deer.
I seen a big buck once when I was living out at my dads place in the country. I don't know how may points he was. It was getting dark. I spotted him out by the apple tree eating the fallen apples. I snapped a picture, but it never came out due to it was getting to dark. This was with a throw away film camera so they don't do good unless there is a spot light on the stuff you are taking a picture of.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
We have deer in our neighborhood. Our neighbor next door was feeding them, and only stopped after getting a lot of crap from the neighbors (those animals are dangerous, and I have pets, who I don't want to put in danger.)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I live in the country in a tiny valley between two hills (as is common in the Catskills). The hills are wooded and then it is fields around my house so deer routinely come down from the forest to eat in the fields. I've seen more than 20 at once, they come pretty much every day. The same with turkeys now, saw about 20 of them the other day in the field, they come every night/morning. You can here them gobbling sometimes in the house.
The other day there was a fox in the field! My mom was talking and suddenly I saw something a big orange thing behind her out the window. It was quite big for a fox, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
In the summer you can hear coyotes howling at night which is very creepy.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the summer you can here coyotes howling at night which is very creepy.
I heard coyotes and wolves at night where my dad lives.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I see them just outside of my neighborhood. On the state route that runs behind my house, near the entrance to my neighborhood, there are deer crossing signs. I actually had three, probably a family, crossing the street right in front of me. It was kind of scary hearing the hooves against the street. I was afraid they would slip and fall or something.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Oh,it's Bambi looking for his momma!!!!

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I live in the country in a tiny valley between two hills (as is common in the Catskills). The hills are wooded and then it is fields around my house so deer routinely come down from the forest to eat in the fields. I've seen more than 20 at once, they come pretty much every day. The same with turkeys now, saw about 20 of them the other day in the field, they come every night/morning. You can here them gobbling sometimes in the house.
The other day there was a fox in the field! My mom was talking and suddenly I saw something a big orange thing behind her out the window. It was quite big for a fox, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
In the summer you can hear coyotes howling at night which is very creepy.
OMG I am so envious! Can I come live with you? LOL Just kidding. Sounds great where you live.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Coming from someone who also lives in Vancouver, that IS pretty exciting :b

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Soon I should probably be able to see bears from my window. They come down from the mountains and pass by my place before heading downtown.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Yes, deer and bears do exist. Really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts