Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Here to Help
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I have suffered anxiety and panic attacks my whole life.
Being shy I never seeked out help, which for anyone reading, Is the biggest mistake you could make.
2 years ago, for the first time in my life I started getting Hives big time.
My anxiety and panic attacks went through the roof.
I finally made an appointment with our doctor, the doctor laughed at me,
"like that helped".
6 months later the doctor decided to do blood tests Called a RASS test.
It turns out I'm allergic to many different food groups and dusts, the doctor telling me the allergies could well have been there from a very early age.
18 months on, I've stayed away from certain foods, Which by the way sucks!
My Hives are as good as gone, and all my anxiety & panic attacks have also taken a hike.
For 40 years I put up with anxiety related problems, when all it was, was an allergy.
40 years of living a locked in style life, for Nothing.
What should have been the best years of my life, were my worst!

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome to :sas

·
Back again ...
3,727 Posts
Hi, GreenWays!

:wels

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Welcome, GreenWays! :)

·
Banned
443 Posts
Hi! I'm glad u found the source of ur anxiety and got help :) Don't beat urself up, what matters is now and thankfully now u have the remedy for ur anxiety :) So congrats on getting help and try not to look back it will only torture u. And welcome to the forum!

·
Here to Help
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank's everyone, My purpose for joining the forum was to share, what allergies can do to you. There not allergies that make you sneeze or itch, there allergic reactions to the every day food we eat, and in my case, up until 2 years ago I had no idea I had them.
The food's I loved were feeding my anxiety!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.