Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the site and thought I'd say hello. I'm a 30-something married girl with SA. It's been a roller coaster ride and I think I'm on a 'low' right now. SA for me, means not being able to make or keep friendships or feeling comfortable in conversation with anyone outside of my immediate family (even cousins make me nervous and awkward). I don't like to exercise outdoors, even though i'm just slightly overweight and no one is really watching. I avoid eye contact subconciously. I have no friends because I've been this way since I moved to a new state 5 years ago. I work in a hospital (which i love) but it's draining being 'on' all day, so i tend to eat lunch alone and not want to talk much when i get home.

I just want to feel normal, have a few girlfriends, spend time outdoors, go out every now and then, and feel comfortable with it all.:yes

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey dmitch welcome. :)

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
hi i'm new here but i read your post and decided to replay because i'm surprised that someone who is married has advanced SA. i too have SA but it got worst after i broke off with my girl and stopped talking to everyone. your anxiety should be less traumatic then mine since you have someone that supports you and can talk to.

what i have found helpful is to try to find some time for yourself and read a book (perhaps a book about how someone conquered SA) with out distractions.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome DMitch! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts