Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had severe social anxiety for years, although I didn't really know what was wrong with me until recently.
I need to try and sort things out one way or another.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jigirk welcome. :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hey Jigirk, welcome to SAS :) It's good that you were able to discover the nature of your SA. Now you can find the tools to defeat it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Jigirk, welcome. I am also in my 30's (38), and have the same anxiety issues as well, too bad we haven't just outgrown it by now, huh? oh well :afr. I've been reading up here on the forums trying to get as much information and feedback as to what people have experienced, what therapies they have tried and what actually works, if anything. So good luck on your quest and if you find anything that seems to help please share with others.

Shawn

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome< Jigirk! :)

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jigirk, welcome. I am also in my 30's (38), and have the same anxiety issues as well, too bad we haven't just outgrown it by now, huh? oh well :afr. I've been reading up here on the forums trying to get as much information and feedback as to what people have experienced, what therapies they have tried and what actually works, if anything. So good luck on your quest and if you find anything that seems to help please share with others.

Shawn
Thanks Toad Licker and Shadowmask for the welcome :)

And b8ts!
I didn't really think I had anything to outgrow, I just thought I would just change and get on with life like everyone else I know my age has.

I know that isn't going to happen now especially since I got made redundant from my crap job and have been really struggling finding work doing anything. I have no friends anymore to hang with or talk to, my love life has been eternally extinct. Ah could say more but I'll leave it for another time...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah i guess i probably used the wrong word when i said to "outgrow". I think the correct word would be to progress or evolve over time. I have never had many friends but the few that i have known for a long time have seemed to progress way beyond that of myself. They have sucessful jobs in what they like to do and they own their own houses. So i think people with anxiety get stuck in a rut and find it very difficult to progress to a level where they feel they should be at.

Shawn

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts