4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Its a

15.4"
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo
2gb Ram (upgrading to 4gb)
250gb Hard Drive
Superdrive
nVIDIA 8600GT 256mb (Might be able to do some slight gaming!)
Mac OS X 10.7.2

I Love Mac's and PC's!

What kind of laptop do you guys have?

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Same, Macbook Pro.

13'
2.26 GHZ intel core duo
8GB Ram
640GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
OS X 10.7.2

Just upgraded it today with the iPhone 4. It's kinda nice now that you can sync songs & connect your iPhone/ipod to your iTunes & iphoto wirelessly without plugging it into the UBS.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
& BTW it'll probably do gameing just fine. The whole "macs can't play games" Is a thing of the past. It can run Wither 2, Crysis 2, & pretty much everything else just fine..

well it's kinda laggy here & there on witchier 2 from what i've seen, but it can run crysis 2 maxed out just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
& BTW it'll probably do gameing just fine. The whole "macs can't play games" Is a thing of the past. It can run Wither 2, Crysis 2, & pretty much everything else just fine..

well it's kinda laggy here & there on witchier 2 from what i've seen, but it can run crysis 2 maxed out just fine.

:D ! Nice MacBook Pro BTW!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Please tell me you got it with the lowest grade HDD and RAM seeing as you can order both of those for cheaper than Apple sells them, and better quality by far.

Trust me, if I had known that, I would have done the same. I spent a lot on it for buying it and have spent almost the same amount upgrading it to higher quality specs.

The same price from Apple to get it to these specs would make the order of the MBP at least twice what I paid.

·
Pronouced Tech-Oh
199 Posts
A Core 2 Duo, in 2011? The spec's makes this sound like a used system that hopefully you got for a heck of a deal?

+1 on ordering RAM separately. You can get a 4GB stick for about $50 from NewEgg, Apple probably charges $100-$150 to add an extra 2GB.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm able to run witcher 2 on my 15" macbook pro with 8gb ram. That was pretty much the only game i cared about really. Many steam games will run just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts