Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A jagged pulse
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so at work i sarted crushin hard on this guy I WORk with (this statred months and continued untill now)...I told all the girls i work with (biggest mistake) and word eventully got back to him. hhe never came to me to talk to me or anything so I took it as rejection..that hurt like hell but i was okay. he then statred to come around me to say hello and joke around..maybe to get to know me. but anxiety took control and i would talk for alittle while then kinda run in the other direction. He noticed that i would run everytime he came around and kinda kept his distance from me. i think he knew he made me nervouse and he knew i was shy so he wouldnt talk to me very much. long story short..months past and i was still doing the same thing:talkin to him for a little while and then run away pretending to be busy. toniht was the last straw i had to tell him somethin to lessen the weirdness between us i dont wanna run away from him so much but im sooo shy infront of him that i cant stay still. i told him that i didnt like him at all ...but i used to and those feelings were gone. I told him that the reason i ran away so much was because i didnt want him to think I still liked him and i was tryin to "get with him"....I told him that i just like him as a friend . do you thnk i did the wrong thing? and would you beleve me if it was you that i told? also how can i stop my true feelings from showing while im infront of him and just act cool. because now i have to keep this facade up and i actually have to talk to him.:roll

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Wow, you messed up. Sorry I am being harsh but yeah you did. You should of kept with the talking and running away storyline and just let him think whatever he wanted to think. Now you are telling him you don't like him yet you do, what are you going to do now? Maybe he won't even approach you anymore for god sakes. Maybe he liked you too or was taking interest, but now WHAT! lol

Edit: I am seeing this from my (a males) point of view, if a girl told me this I would feel like - "oooook, =("

·
Banned
192 Posts
Yea there isn't really much else you can say to him without allowing him to think that you might be a little "nutty" lol. I would sure be disappointed if a pretty girl like yourself told me that out of the blue.

·
A jagged pulse
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea there isn't really much else you can say to him without allowing him to think that you might be a little "nutty" lol. I would sure be disappointed if a pretty girl like yourself told me that out of the blue.
omg !!! what i said was nutty???

·
Banned
192 Posts
omg !!! what i said was nutty???
Lol, no..I'm just saying that if you back track and say that you actually like him and that combined with what you said before and how you acted would make him think that something was definitely wrong with you. Er, idk...I'm a little sleepy. You shouldn't listen to what I have to say right now.

·
A jagged pulse
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, no..I'm just saying that if you back track and say that you actually like him and that combined with what you said before and how you acted would make him think that something was definitely wrong with you. Er, idk...I'm a little sleepy. You shouldn't listen to what I have to say right now.
no its okay...im open for honesty i just thought u meant what i said to him was nutty. I dont want him to think im insane lol....god this whole "crush " thing is so stupid and immature im too old for it. i should of kept my mouth shut and kept my feeling to myself instead of telling all my co-workers so silly of me.None of this would of happened.

·
Banned
192 Posts
no its okay...im open for honesty i just thought u meant what i said to him was nutty. I dont want him to think im insane lol....god this whole "crush " thing is so stupid and immature im too old for it. i should of kept my mouth shut and kept my feeling to myself instead of telling all my co-workers so silly of me.None of this would of happened.
Well you only learn with experience. Don't dwell on it too much. In the grand scheme of things, it really is nothing.

·
Force of Habit
91 Posts
I agree with Ununderstood - you made a mistake, but it may not be too late. I think that the only thing for it now is to tell him the truth - the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Start by admitting to him that you lied about how you felt about him because you were scared to reveal your feelings; apologise to him for doing so; then let him know exactly how you feel.

This could have a positive or a negative outcome - he may open up to you in return, or he may think you're nuts. The point is, you never know how the other person is going to react to you - so the best you can ever do is be open. He sounds like a nice guy, and you never know - perhaps the reason he didn't approach you after he found out you liked him, was because he was scared to reveal his own feelings. On the other hand, he may be too confused at this point to take it any further - but if so, don't stress about it. Focus on the positive - you'll have learned what doesn't necessarily work! :)

It sounds like you care about this guy, so being open for the first time is going to be scary as hell. Just remember that his feelings in this are at stake as well - whether he's interested in you or not, he deserves to know your true feelings at this point, and as a guy myself, it's always a great feeling to know that a girl has a crush on you:D

Good luck, and keep us posted with how it goes with this dude.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you actually want to go out with him or anything or eventually confess? I had a couple people that I had crushes on at work and would do that same thing lol. I know what that feels like and I could see myself saying the same things that you did. Try thinking of him in different terms like as a buddy and try not to avoid interaction with him just kinda go with the flow inspite of your anxiety or feelings. Thats easier said then done I know.

·
Banned
545 Posts
Take some initiative. Confidence or no, if you have feelings for that person, even if you are trying to hide them, just 'spill the beans'. Be honest and upfront about it. Anyone intelligent would understand what's going on. It doesn't make you nutty to make up excuses. However, you're nuts if you are still crushing on this guy yet blowing him off.

Be upfront about it. Explain what is going on. Show your true self and see what happens. That's much better than hiding and possibly regretting.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok I think that, after you worked yourself up to it, that you should confess too. Keep pushing yourself to talk to him and when you get enough ground with your feelings and being little bit more confident around him, let him know whats really on your mind and why you said what you said.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
just tell him what you are posting here. be yourself, meaning be how you think and feel. it's never too late for this. so you lied, not a bad thing. there's a reason why you lied it's not that you did it out of hate or to hurt someone. just tell him that you feel very nervous around him. tell him that you have SA and that you think he looks "cute". if you can't find the courage to tell him that then write it down and give him the note and just tell him "read it" or "this is for you". that is if you want to pursue this. if not just let it be.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well the problem wasn't your fault to begin with as your friends spread the word you like him and that must've been embarassing. What you ended up saying to him is your way of getting out of a muddle. You could always ask him out? It's not too late. Say that you do like him but keep it cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts