Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Making No Apologies
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Aysha and I am 24 years old. I work in retail and........actually that is pretty much all I do besides being on my laptop all day. I have struggled with SAD since I was 12 but I didn't receive help until I was 19. That went pretty badly and for the last 5 years or so I have been dealing with things on my own, which has lead me to lose a job or two and even drop out of school (although I hated what I was studying anyways, so whatever).

My parents are completely unsupportive, and its really hard for me to make friends. So I decided to reach out and find some like-minded people who would understand why it is that I have issues doing "normal" things like dating, and presentations when I was in school, making friends, introducing myself to ppl (even at work, thank goodness I dont work on commission), etc. The rest of the ppl I know are pretty social so its beyond awkward trying to explain all of this to them.

I really hope that I can gain some friends, solutions, and ideas from this support group and I hope I can do the same for others.

-Aysha

I feel ridiculous that it was hard to introduce myself even thru text, lol.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Aysha :)

I'm also new here. Just joined. I can really relate-- my family isn't all that supportive, I've been struggling with SAD since I was 11, and just recently FINALLY got help. I've been lurking on this website for a while, but decided I should join. Hopefully we can find the support we need here :)

~Hera

· Banned
177,635 Posts
Hey Aysha, welcome to :sas

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Welcome, KarmaKatcher! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.