Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so obviously I have social anxiety. I've had it most of my life with the exception of when I was very young. I can make close friends but I get more attached and dependent on them than they are on me and I always end up losing them. I have one friend now. She a girl that two years younger than me and has been my friend for almost five years. If we stay friends after that it will have been the longest friendship I've ever had.

I'd be fine liek this, with just her as my friend. But I can't help feeling lonely still. She goes to a different school then me and we don't really hang out that much because she has a-lot of friends. I always sit in the library during lunch or bathroom. I used to try to look apporachable but gave up. I'm a senior this year but I've been missing A-LOT of school. I've probably already missed 20+ days. My school is relaxed about attendance compared to other highschools but I'm still afraid about going back and bein told I have to drop out or something crazy. If it comes to that I'll ask to transfer to online school I guess, except my dual enrolled class. It's frusrating that I haven't changed at all. I can't go to any public place alone without being ridculously anxious and on edge. I can't talk to anyone besides Flannery and my mom and sister. Three people that I can really talk to face to face. I have opinions but I'm always too afraid to voice them. I started cutting when I was in 9th grade because of my social anxiety and depression. I haven't done it in a while and I'm pretty sure I won't. But I feel like fading away from reality sometimes, like killing myself without dying. Killing any motivation that's left. That's how I ended up here I guess. :blank

·
Registered
65 Posts
And so obviously I have social anxiety. I've had it most of my life with the exception of when I was very young. I can make close friends but I get more attached and dependent on them than they are on me and I always end up losing them. I have one friend now. She a girl that two years younger than me and has been my friend for almost five years. If we stay friends after that it will have been the longest friendship I've ever had.

I'd be fine liek this, with just her as my friend. But I can't help feeling lonely still. She goes to a different school then me and we don't really hang out that much because she has a-lot of friends. I always sit in the library during lunch or bathroom. I used to try to look apporachable but gave up. I'm a senior this year but I've been missing A-LOT of school. I've probably already missed 20+ days. My school is relaxed about attendance compared to other highschools but I'm still afraid about going back and bein told I have to drop out or something crazy. If it comes to that I'll ask to transfer to online school I guess, except my dual enrolled class. It's frusrating that I haven't changed at all. I can't go to any public place alone without being ridculously anxious and on edge. I can't talk to anyone besides Flannery and my mom and sister. Three people that I can really talk to face to face. I have opinions but I'm always too afraid to voice them. I started cutting when I was in 9th grade because of my social anxiety and depression. I haven't done it in a while and I'm pretty sure I won't. But I feel like fading away from reality sometimes, like killing myself without dying. Killing any motivation that's left. That's how I ended up here I guess. :blank
Hey, welcome to :sas. I know times are tough for most of us when we first join but try to hang in there. You'll be able to relate to a lot of people here who know what you're going through and there's always someone to talk to. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, StephanieMarie! :)

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
:wels

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
welcome stephaniemarie, sending you pos-vibes through the internet! hope u feel it!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's only one person you neeeeed to be best friends with. Yourself. ONce you realise how great you are, everyone else will join in.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey StephanieMarie welcome. :hyper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts