Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my meds today, Zoloft + klonopin(UPDATED 10/22/09)

Went to doc today .Real nice guy and gave me prescription with 3 months worth of meds for SA
50 mg zoloft for 2 weeks then 100mg onwards
1 mg klonopin daily as needed

Will keep u guys updated,wish me luck

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!! 10/22/09

Well guys its been almost five months i have been on zoloft and klonopin and i have to say i'm very happy with the results.My anxiety is almost all gone:banana(would say about 80% of it is gone) and i seem to be on track to get back in school next year:boogie.Top of all that i have not had dependency issues with the klonopin :D.Right now i'm on zoloft 150mg and 1mg klonopin.I just want to thank everybody on this forum for the input,advice and encouragement you'll offer :nw.I'll keep u all updated on my journey back from SA

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Zoloft is a good drug to start with and as Gordon said you are lucky to have the Klonopin, it will work like a charm when you need it the most, I'm sure of that. ;)

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Clonazepam lasts about 14 hours for me (I haven't noticed much difference in duration between one and two milligrams). I think it works the best by taking 1mg every morning once you wake up, and then increasing the dose to 2mg whenever tolerance or weakened efficacy warrant it. Only for a short term basis though, so no longer than 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You could think about making regular breaks from the Klonopin to avoid physical dependence (eg. 3 weeks on, 10 days off).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could think about making regular breaks from the Klonopin to avoid physical dependence (eg. 3 weeks on, 10 days off).
That's exactly what i was thinking.I'm really scared of the dependence issue so im gonna try some kind of cycle like u mention

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I can read minds. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well guys its been almost five months i have been on zoloft and klonopin and i have to say i'm very happy with the results.My anxiety is almost all gone
(would say about 80% of it is gone) and i seem to be on track to get back in school next year
.Top of all that i have not had dependency issues with the klonopin
.Right now i'm on zoloft 150mg and 1mg klonopin.I just want to thank everybody on this forum for the input,advice and encouragement you'll offer
.I'll keep u all updated on my journey back from SA

·
Registered
820 Posts
Can you tell us ur symtomps ?

What does zoloft help you with?

How about knolopin?

Ever tried just them individually?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts

Well guys its been almost five months i have been on zoloft and klonopin and i have to say i'm very happy with the results.My anxiety is almost all gone
(would say about 80% of it is gone) and i seem to be on track to get back in school next year
.Top of all that i have not had dependency issues with the klonopin
.Right now i'm on zoloft 150mg and 1mg klonopin.I just want to thank everybody on this forum for the input,advice and encouragement you'll offer
.I'll keep u all updated on my journey back from SA
Great to hear that:D

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Clonazepam lasts about 14 hours for me (I haven't noticed much difference in duration between one and two milligrams). I think it works the best by taking 1mg every morning once you wake up, and then increasing the dose to 2mg whenever tolerance or weakened efficacy warrant it. Only for a short term basis though, so no longer than 6 weeks.
I usually take it before bed, sort of an anti insomnia + residual next day anti SA drug in one thanks to the long half life. I know this is unconventional, but W/E works. I'm not that worried about dependance coz I'm a chronic insomniac so it comes with the territory, and safer to take a benzo with a long half life than one that's possibly gonna confuse your system with a short half life if by taking it every night, and plasma levels become unstable the next day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you tell us ur symtomps ?

What does zoloft help you with?

How about knolopin?

Ever tried just them individually?
Well my symptoms before were severe anxiety that had me drop out of college and leave my job for the last three years.I avoided social situations and if i had to attend i drank heavily.The anxiety almost gave me a serious drinking problem.I started zoloft/klonopin five months ago and i think the zoloft has really reduced my anxiety since i noticed now that i can go for days even a week without klonopin and not have the anxiety coming back.The klonopin will always make you feel good,calm for sure but of course i'm usually very careful with it since i've read all about dependency issues.Now i feel more comfortable going out and best part i really don't feel the need to drink.Unfortunately i picked up a smoking habit to avoid drinking luckily it not serious lol.Another thing to add is that i've been taking a bunch natural supplements which i think have helped tremendously
Taurine
Magnesium glycinate
Niacinamide 2000mg
Skullcap
Passionfruit extract
B complex 100
stresstabs(basically multivits with a lot of b-complex)
choline
inositol caps

I really encourage anyone on here to stick to their meds.Seriously out of 5 months i have probably missed 3-4 doses at the most.I had tried zoloft 2yrs ago, unfortunately i never stuck to it coz i stopped after a month.This time i was determined and i can clearly see it paying off.I can honestly say i don't think i'm fully cured but the quality of my life has improved tenfold

·
Registered
881 Posts
I usually take it before bed, sort of an anti insomnia + residual next day anti SA drug in one thanks to the long half life. I know this is unconventional, but W/E works. I'm not that worried about dependance coz I'm a chronic insomniac so it comes with the territory, and safer to take a benzo with a long half life than one that's possibly gonna confuse your system with a short half life if by taking it every night, and plasma levels become unstable the next day.
i took zoloft and klonopin for about 4 months,, like around 2 years ago....it murdered my social anxiety to an unsafe level....but the klonopin made me really tired..i was taking it 3 times a day, and apparently due to its long half-life, it would have been building up in my system for a while. but then i quite cold turkey and didnt sleep for a week...but was fine after that....not too much withdrawal symptoms

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
i took zoloft and klonopin for about 4 months,, like around 2 years ago....it murdered my social anxiety to an unsafe level....but the klonopin made me really tired..i was taking it 3 times a day, and apparently due to its long half-life, it would have been building up in my system for a while. but then i quite cold turkey and didnt sleep for a week...but was fine after that....not too much withdrawal symptoms
Good to know, yeah I've quit klonopin before without much trouble either, I sometimes periodically stop and start it every few months (with tapering ofcourse) never had any difficulty. 3 times a day is alot though, I've heard that 2 times a day is sposed to be the max due to its half life and liver accumulation, as you said.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
whats the diffce between the zolo and knolopin?

i currently am on lotrapezam.
Zoloft is an antidepressant (SSRI) and Klonopin (clonazepam) + lorazepam are tranquilizers (benzodiazepines to be exactly).

·
Registered
342 Posts
I also recommend supplements if you can't get a prescription, or worried about dependence issues.

I find piracetam, choline, fish oil and phenibut work great for me. The phenibut has completely remedied my insomnia for now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I also recommend supplements if you can't get a prescription, or worried about dependence issues.

I find piracetam, choline, fish oil and phenibut work great for me. The phenibut has completely remedied my insomnia for now.
It never ceases to amaze me the type of medications people on here pull out. They'll just be like "Yeahhhhh soooo, I take Normal Medicine #1, Normal Medicine #2, and ****ING CYANIDE, KNOCKS ME RIGHT OUT TO SLEEP"
lol....

Although I shouldn't take it lightly, if you're taking god damn near anesthetics to go to sleep, it's gotta be pretty bad.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
thats great. zoloft worked wonders for my depression not so much for my anxiety. congrats though./

1 - 20 of 25 Posts