Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont cope with sa. I just go through the routine of my day untill a day comes along that i feel better than the previous days. I dont do any type of coping skills or techniques. Perhaps this isnt healthy buy just plodding along is all I know. If there are coping skills that get an individual out of ruts in life quicker Id like to know some. I often wonder if anyone else is just plodding along untill things improve.

·
Out of here
1,680 Posts
I can recommend two books:

The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris

The Mindful Way Through Depression by Mark Williams et al.

Both of these books offer useful techniques.

Best wishes

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the books

I will find these books thank so much.

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
I think everybody in the world does this.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
In a way, you're actually doing more than you think. Some people can't even go through the motions and they find everyday life distressing enough to not function at all. They can't get out there to improve because it's too hard to 'hang in there' while you're making steps to change.
So, plodding along is sort of coping. Obviously it's not the ideal way to move through life, but feel good about the things you can manage and know you're in a position to change things.

When you're in a rut, sometimes you just have to choose any action of improvement even if you're not sure about it. Look for any type of change or opportunity. How do you spend your days at the moment? What are you unhappy with?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts