Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is this "cricket thing supposed to stand for anyway"? Jiminy Cricket ? ...
"I'm no fool No siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play its safe for you & me, cause I'm no fool" As in age & wisdom.
-or-
cricket like grandma & grandpa "just a swingin" on the porch after dark listening to the crickets chirpchirp.

... -or- ? Am I missing something?

Is there a correlation with the insect cricket & its life span? Just curious if anyone knows. I'm just guessing.
Maybe it says somewhere & I just haven't stumbled across it.

It's not because of predictions & omens of crickets perhaps? like this morbid one...
In the state of Alagoas, northeast Brazil, a cricket announces death. That's why it is killed as soon as it sings inside the house. ...

That crickets prediction is highly accurate apparently for itself. :eek:(

idk I've just been curious about that for a while if anyone happens to know.

I guess I've always just leaned toward ol' Jiminy.

thanx my fellow ... crickets? =:eek:)

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
It's just a term... no strict meaning. I always thought it meant our joints "creak". But if you want to be a cricket you can self qualify.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
this was brought up awhile ago. i think it was amocholes that said there was a post with something about the *chirp chirp* of crickets (you know, when everything is quiet all you hear are the crickets) because there was hardly any activity on this forum

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
What he said!

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
well we better liven it up in here so all the young whippersnappers will envy the vibrancy and vitality we mature folks have. But someone else do it 'cause I'm off to take a nap.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
After a few shots of Geritol, I'm the life of every party (or forum ;))

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dress like a 20-year old, but my muscles/bones, etc. qualify me as a "cricket", unfortunately. It is difficult to be so stiff/sore at times. Came home yesterday from a short trip (walking) shopping, and I was so sore, I had to go to bed - at 4 pm, mind you! Laid there achin' for 2-3 hours (I'm just glad I had the sense to eat some supper first, lol!!!). Later, got up and had a cup of caffeine, ha ha!

·
Registered
38 Posts
well we better liven it up in here so all the young whippersnappers will envy the vibrancy and vitality we mature folks have. But someone else do it 'cause I'm off to take a nap.
yeah, I'm hip (I agree)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts