Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Just asking is much easier than stalking you to find out....

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  zomgz 
#1 ·
What do you believe in most? What are you passionate about?

I always wanna know that kind of stuff about people and as much stalking of profiles I do (I'm very interested in all of you :b), I'm not gonna get to everyone! Whatever your answers are will not be judged. They'll be appreciated.

> I believe in...I don't know how to explain it but it feels light, positive, inclusive, shiny, bright, warm...I don't know what to call it, haha, but when I think about whatever it is, that's what I feel. It's not at all chaotic but yet in branches out into everything else that exists. There's love in it for sure, but it's not regular love. It's something astronomical.
> I'm passionate about kids. I know a lot of people despise them but I've seen way too many children get hurt in this world and I just wanna do something. It's a shame that so many are practically abandoned by society not having done anything to deserve it. It happens to adults too but for some reason the kids just tug at me harder. Maybe because I feel like they should be protected and when no one does, it makes me...:x:mum:cry.

#2 ·
I believe in the general goodness of people, even in the face of monstrous evil and inequity.

I am passionate about trying to be a good person, even though it's hard sometimes.

Daffodil, you seem like a genuinely nice person and I'm glad to see that someone else cares about the unbelievable amount of human trafficking that goes on in the world. It almost seems like nobody cares.

#5 ·
It does. It really saddens me that there isn't a lot to do in my state. We have laws and all but when it comes to actively volunteering, I just can't seem to find anything! And when I talk to people about it they say it's sad but...that's it.

-The homeless. I may have problems, but I've got a roof over my head. In this country it gets *cold*. And it rains. Whenever I see homeless people stuck outdoors in winter I can't help it - I shouldn't be patronising and chuck money at the poor b*ggers but I kind of feel guilty. It's really harsh people have to live like that.

-Soldiers. I'm so glad I'm not in the army. When I hear tales about what these people and their families go through it puts a lot of stuff into perspective. I almost feel ashamed by how brave and selfless these people are, and how much of a coward I am.

-People with bad mental health problems. I worked as a typist for my local mental hospital recently, typing up patient records. That was heartbreaking - just reading about these people did my head in. Schizophrenia must be the worst thing to have happen to you - like a permanent bad acid trip. Stuck in an asylum on depot, completely shot to bits, your whole life a surreal nightmare. I don't know if I could cope with that.
I talked to a homeless guy once. After I talked to him I wrote this...I don't know...thing...about how talking to him impacted me. His name was George. He was really nice!
My daddy is a soldier. :yes In my country, haha. I love soldiers. They are such good people despite how screwed up things can be. Once you have a connection with one, you kinda have a connection with all of them. It's really special.
I find mental health problems fascinating at a distance but scary up close.

Interesting thread topic but I'm gonna' have to use what I put in my myspace profile years ago.

"English is already a horrible language to use to express ones self, so why would a paragraph on the internet be any better?"

But if you must know, I'm a nice enough guy :mum... jk lol :boogie
Haha, I'm sure you are. I just like details.

#3 ·
Hi!

I guess most people with social phobia have a caring, sensitive side - apart from me. But I do care about some stuff...

-The homeless. I may have problems, but I've got a roof over my head. In this country it gets *cold*. And it rains. Whenever I see homeless people stuck outdoors in winter I can't help it - I shouldn't be patronising and chuck money at the poor b*ggers but I kind of feel guilty. It's really harsh people have to live like that.

-Soldiers. I'm so glad I'm not in the army. When I hear tales about what these people and their families go through it puts a lot of stuff into perspective. I almost feel ashamed by how brave and selfless these people are, and how much of a coward I am.

-People with bad mental health problems. I worked as a typist for my local mental hospital recently, typing up patient records. That was heartbreaking - just reading about these people did my head in. Schizophrenia must be the worst thing to have happen to you - like a permanent bad acid trip. Stuck in an asylum on depot, completely shot to bits, your whole life a surreal nightmare. I don't know if I could cope with that.

#4 ·
Interesting thread topic but I'm gonna' have to use what I put in my myspace profile years ago.

"English is already a horrible language to use to express ones self, so why would a paragraph on the internet be any better?"

But if you must know, I'm a nice enough guy :mum... jk lol :boogie

#6 ·
Well I just think it's hard to rank my beliefs but I'll pick some stuff for the sake of the thread :)

I believe that abstinence only sex education is a farce and does more damage then it supposably prevents. If you look at all the kids out there who are just emotionally, mentally, and physically trashed on it makes you wonder if a little better national sex education would have prevented lives from being ruined... Everyone from teenage parents who are still children to those same kids who don't have anyone who can guide their lives toward the right direction. Sad sad stuff... Look, virginity is whatever you want it to be people, but if two teenagers are gonna' be doing the nasty (which they will) with misconceptions such as condoms having a high fail rate then you have a problem.

As a side note, I love God, I just don't like his fan club :afr

What am I passionate about? I'm passionate about the things in life that make me feel complete. School is monotonous and boring (especially when you're not studying what you want to study). Falling 6 feet in the air and landing safely is fun (on mats!), so is getting armbarred, oh jesus I think I might be a masocist :no lol. But I digress; philosophy, Dungeons and Dragons, excersize, grammer/spellingg, etc etc... And taking it easy = what I'm passionate about!

#10 ·
I wish that parents could at least fill their children in where education leaves a space. That's what my mom did for me so no matter what I heard in health class, I got other parts of conversation that should be had at home. Even after she told me I could have sex (because she was being realistic), I still chose to be a virgin and so has my sister. So just because we know all sides and can talk frankly about sex doesn't mean we're gonna go have it. :roll And even if we did, we'd be better informed than others.
I don't like God's fan club either and if they really got to know me, they'd probably reciprocate, haha.
School is for the most part boring. I hate that in early childhood we're active learners and as you grow up you have sit at a desk all day and be lectured. And it screws over the people who really have great potential but just don't learn that way. Some people learn better in other ways and would benefit more if they could be satisfied. But instead of education staying as colorful as it was when were little, it becomes very grey (funny I say that...grey is one of my favorite colors...but there is such thing as too much grey).

i cant really think of anything...except the tv show monk...its awesome :D
Monk is pretty awesome, haha, I have to agree.

#9 ·
What do you believe in most?
that i wont be living like this forever...i believe that one day ill be able to function almost normally...ill be living in my own apartment...ill have a girlfriend...a job i can go to everyday...and ill just be content

What are you passionate about?
i cant really think of anything...except the tv show monk...its awesome :D

#11 ·
I just wanted to clarify my statement about the whole teens doing the nasty, it was just a general statement/opinion about my fellow peers. People are gonna' have sex and that's about it, I didn't mean to direct that comment at you or seek to attack you or anything. Take it easy:

#12 ·
Oh no, I wasn't taking it as like...yeah, I wasn't offended by you. I just mean that people who want abstinence-only sex ed think that if you include lessons on condoms and birth control and such more teenagers are gonna have sex.

#13 ·
My basic view on life is that all people, regardless of any past actions or current dispositions, hold the potential for tremendous good. When someone behaves in a negative manner I try not to pour scorn on them but rather feel sorry that they have not realised their potential to be good, kind people. I try not to feel agression towards other human beings, only empathy. While I can't claim to succeed in that all the time I do manage it for the most part.

When I look at the world and the state humanity is in I see so much conflict and mutual hate. When one human disrespects the life of another they disrepsect themselves. It pisses me off that our species, the most remarkable ever produced in the evolution of our planet, chooses to demean its own value in this way. I hope that one day we will rise above all this crap and look back at these times as the barbaric beginning of history, even if I will not be alive to see it happen.

#15 ·
oh geez haha you wanna know my philosophy on life?

"Every 60 seconds spent angry or sad could be spent being happy." =] I love that saying :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.