Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look guys, please dont judge me. Im not looking for pity but i am very ugly. I know my parents say otherwise but i know they dont believe it, im pretty sure my class mates do too. I know that i am fat and ugly and stupid. I sometimes think of suicide, my mum used to slap me and my dad wouldnt stop her. My class mates make fun of me when i try to support my friends. A bully is trying to take away my best friend, i know im being jealous btw , thry make fun of my new haircut because i did it myself. My friends say it looks ok but they are probably thinking it looks horrible. I know that i probably have a condition for obsession with looks, i dont have social enxiety i think but i need some advise on what to do.

Thanks for reading my email :)

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Welcome to SAS Stephiie! I am sure you'll find someone that likes the way you look soon enough :)
No hurtful judgment of any sort shall be passed around in these forums, or at least from me :)
We are all hurt and I am sure most of us here aren't 100% happy with ourselves atm.

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
Yea, no one in the world is completely satisfied with themselves one way or another, that's part of being human I think. Welcome to the forums :)

·
Here Today & Gone 2morrow
13 Posts
There is one quote that has kept me alive and that is "keep your head up beautiful, people will kill to see you fall." I dont know who said that but it is so true. It is like people want to see you hurting and in pain, but you cant let what they say about you shape how you feel about yourself inside. There is also another one that got me through grade school and that was "this too shall pass"...which i am also not sure who said it but its true... everything passes.

·
SUS Member
10,614 Posts
Here's the thing about physical beauty, Stephiie: it's not the only thing that matters when it comes to attraction. A beautiful girl with a nasty personality is going to be less and less attractive the more time you spend with her; a conventionally "unattractive" girl with an awesome personality is going to be more and more attractive the more time you spend with her. I know this for a fact, because I happen to know someone who gets more beautiful every time I see them and absolutely nothing has changed about their appearance. They're just so awesome it's impossible not to love them.

There are things you can do to improve your appearance, and if it's a matter of life and death to you you can make things better. But the most important thing you can do is work on your inner beauty because it does matter. It might take you longer to find the kind of relationship you're after, but it will be stronger when you do. And, frankly, I'd be surprised if your first hair cut wasn't awful; nobody does anything perfectly the first time.

The world is filled with potential; don't get caught in the trap of dwelling only on the negatives.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Stephiie! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts