Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SA i experience only comes about with people i desperately want to be accepted by. I have a good group of friends and I dont struggle with meeting new people. There are certain people, however, who I feel this need to be accepted by. This causes me to act fake in order to gain their approval. I do not mean "fake" like being nice to someones face then talking bad about them as soon as their back is turned. I mean fake as in trying to be the person i think the other person/group wants me to be. I do not understand how I can be confident and secure around some, and insecure and nervous around others. Its getting to a point where I have wasted a lot of time and lost many freinds as a result and I need to put an end to it. Does anyone else deal with this?

· Registered
3,625 Posts
For a long time until pretty recently, I lived through a person I once loved. I still respect her for her way and I learned a lot, but I'm simply not that person she wanted me to be and I tried so hard to be. Even after I broke up with her, it took me a long time to shake off all the intricacies and ways I picked up, everything from the way I dressed to how I treated people and viewed life. Why bother pretending you know? Although I had good times, the result was a long time of depression for me.

I feel a lot happier these days, but I'm not fooled into thinking the battle is over.

It would be cool to provide more details. We can all help you to offer the pieces of what you don't see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.