Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think that all the time.

It's like the Matrix. Everyone is part of a reality that isn't real. People like us, either by choice or by circumstance never learned the rules and as a result were left out. Some of us want to be a part of the game and some of us don't.

If you ask me, I think we've been spared.

I think everything that's wrong with the world arises from how it is structured. People are cold. No one seems to want real friends anymore... people just want people to entertain them. No one shows any decency to anyone who doesn't align with their reality... and no one ever considers what developmental factors contribute to why anyone is the way they are.

It takes a very lonely and disillusioned person to see the world for what it is anymore. And I've come to see that loneliness as a gift.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought that too. And I believe it's true. Although it doesn't change anything.
If by "anything" you mean the world, then yeah you're right. But it changes the way you look at it and in turn, it can change the way you look at yourself. And sometimes realizing that makes all the difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.