Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
speechless
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if WE are the normal ones? And are just reacting to an abnormal scary world?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think that all the time.

It's like the Matrix. Everyone is part of a reality that isn't real. People like us, either by choice or by circumstance never learned the rules and as a result were left out. Some of us want to be a part of the game and some of us don't.

If you ask me, I think we've been spared.

I think everything that's wrong with the world arises from how it is structured. People are cold. No one seems to want real friends anymore... people just want people to entertain them. No one shows any decency to anyone who doesn't align with their reality... and no one ever considers what developmental factors contribute to why anyone is the way they are.

It takes a very lonely and disillusioned person to see the world for what it is anymore. And I've come to see that loneliness as a gift.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I do sometimes wonder if everyone is just as anxious as us, and that they're just better at hiding it, and pretending to be confident. I couldn't stand it if feeling this way is normality :afr

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
emphatically disagree. Normal is a relative term. Just my tuppence

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Wow,I love this thread and have thought the exact same thing!! We don't play the games - we're more real and exist in a world that celebrates fake,loud,attention getting,superficial,souls with no heart. (Just my humble opioion).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought that too. And I believe it's true. Although it doesn't change anything.
If by "anything" you mean the world, then yeah you're right. But it changes the way you look at it and in turn, it can change the way you look at yourself. And sometimes realizing that makes all the difference.

·
speechless
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why are you posting in the wrong topic subject
Because i'm new to posting threads & I don't know how to do it properly.. I don't know what the right topic subject for this post would be

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
because i'm new to posting threads & i don't know how to do it properly i don't know the right topic subject where to post
You'll get the hang of it. Study all the topics and you'll be able to see what subjects are posted and then also be able to determine on your own where to start a thread even if it's a "gray area" subject.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Everybody is who they are and therfore we are all normal to ourselves. We are the less fortunate ones yet we have so much to be grateful for. Compared to some of the people I work with though, yes indeed we are the normal ones. :b

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know what is really considered "normal" anymore... Cuz honestly, everybody has their own quirks. Even the outgoing non-shy people. In my experience, especially them. :b

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'd say everyone is normal. I'd say we're all the same. You could be like anyone else if you learned a different way to look at things, the way that person does.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Normal people are people we don't know very well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts