Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. But anyway I wrote this poem a couuple of weeks ago. It's just about dealing with anxiety and stuff. :b

.S .A .D

This shadow, it covers me, like thin covered lace, it hides the real me. I just can't get away. I'm tired of worrying about all the things I 'm not, instead of thinking about all the things I could be. Might be more then what I think I am. I might be more then what I see. It's more then just bashful, more then just shy. It's living my life in this horrible lie. Want to breakaway from this shadow, and runaway from this curse. It's more then what you think, it's something much worse. Thick coated syrup, I can't wash away. It sticks to me like honey, everyday. It's a huge tide that has fallen upon me. It's swept me away deep into the ocean, where no one can save me. It's letters spell out the word sad, which is what I've become. It's like a phantom haunting me, whispering in my ear, all those doubts in the back of my mind, digging up all my fears. And this torment kills me. It slowly eats away. I can't even see what I use to be. Half of me is just decay. Old rotting spirit, it's eaten up. Taken away my hopes and dreams. I've decomposed in to this repellent thing. This loathsome disease has sucked the life out of me. This invisible thing, that can't be seen. It's made me unreachable, unlovable, and it's unescapable. Unavoidable, no matter how I try to break free, it pulls me back, and breaks me. But I can't ever be free, because how do I run away from something, that's apart... of me?
by, Star 2004

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:thanks I write a lot about how I feel. But this was my first poem about my anxiety. Didn't want it to sound too cheesy, lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
pretty good poem :popcorn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts