Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
computer says no
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked the mail because i was expecting an important letter from my doctor but found..... a jury summons letter. This is what was going threw my mind: oh for **** sake. My face turned red and my entire body became hot. Then i opened the ****ing thing and turns out of all days to get summoned its on my ****ing birthday. I have overcome so many social situations in life but i just cannot stand how ****ty government and cant stand paying taxes on everything....

http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourts/JuryService/JurorQualificaitons.aspx

"The Jury Act also allows courts to excuse a juror from service at the time he or she is summoned on the grounds of "undue hardship or extreme inconvenience." The juror should write a letter to the clerk of court requesting an excuse with an explanation of hardship.
Excuses for jurors are granted at the discretion of the court and cannot be reviewed or appealed to Congress or any other entity."

Does social anxiety count? if all else fails ill throw in the jury nullification towel.

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
You can tell them that it could impair your judgment and would inflict great emotional distress thereby causing an undo hardship.

I've never tried that excuse. They may ask for a doctor's note.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Is there a fine for refusing to participate?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
My Dad got out of it in the interview... They will ask if you can be partial ...

Just say Of course he's guilty, he was arrested wasn't he ?

Or ask if there is a chance they will fire up " OLD SPARKY" Again, and call dibs for a front row seat !!

There is always a sudden onset of Narcolepsy, Turette's Syndrome, or even Start Masturbating .like a chimp !!.. Why Not A Judge got dismissed for using a Penis Pump in a Murder trial !!

It's easy to be NOT WANTED or NON ACCEPTABLE... Just be yourself... because they have the right to a jury of their PEERS ??? Are you in their PEER ??

And there is this : have no disqualifying mental or physical condition... I could get really inventive there !! Give me 15 seconds and they would call for a anti-ME !!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Say your coco for coca puffs,im sure that,ll get you off of jury duty and make sure you scream it really loud when they start interviewing you.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Turn up in fancy dress.

No lawyer is going to let their client be judged by a guy dressed as a pirate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have jury duty in a couple weeks myself. The first (and only other time) I did jury duty, the interview part was the worst, just being put on the spot like that. Other than that, I'm strangely looking forward to getting out of work (an anxiety source all its own) for a day or more. That sucks that it's on your birthday, though. I think you can call the night before and maybe they'll let you off the hook. Heaven forbid you want to spend your birthday how you choose.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My Dad got out of it in the interview... They will ask if you can be partial ...

Just say Of course he's guilty, he was arrested wasn't he ?

Or ask if there is a chance they will fire up "OLD SPARKY" Again, and call dibs for a front row seat !!

There is always a sudden onset of Narcolepsy, Turette's Syndrome, or even Start Masturbating .like a chimp !!.. Why Not A Judge got dismissed for using a Penis Pump in a Murder trial !!

It's easy to be NOT WANTED or NON ACCEPTABLE... Just be yourself... because they have the right to a jury of their PEERS ??? Are you in their PEER ??

And there is this : have no disqualifying mental or physical condition... I could get really inventive there !! Give me 15 seconds and they would call for a anti-ME !!
LMAO

·
behind you
748 Posts
They collect many jurors and then select only several. Prove to the judge that you are ****ty at judgement and that your personal beliefs would GREATLY interfere with the process. They will have no choice but to let you go.

·
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
1,487 Posts
Turn up in fancy dress.

No lawyer is going to let their client be judged by a guy dressed as a pirate.
I ****ing love this idea. The pirate costume would be the ****, and there's no law against it.

Arrrr!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts