Nothing. We haven't talked in a year.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I usually catch up on sleep on Sundays

·
Registered
230 Posts
My sister and I will probably take my dad out to dinner.

My philosophy is that even if you can't figure out what to give as a gift, everyone likes eating.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nothing. lol

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Nothing, cause I'm not a father. jk!

Me and my dad have a very shaky relationship.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I have mixed feelings about my father. He was pretty horrible to me when I was growing up. I usually just send him a card, since I live far away (thank goodness).

·
Registered
428 Posts
My dad's dead and so is my kids' dad so we usually get helium balloons and write messages on them, and I pray they get out of sight before they pop so the kids think they reached heaven.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My dad's dead and so is my kids' dad so we usually get helium balloons and write messages on them, and I pray they get out of sight before they pop so the kids think they reached heaven.
Awww...that is sweet, Kpiper. :)

I don't know about Father's Day yet. It kinda sneaks up on me every year. People don't make a big fuss about it like they do for Mother's Day.

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
lol, father's day... The day i'm supposed to celebrate the ******* that never took care of us and made our life a living hell.
Thanks, but no thanks.

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gosh i feel the love for our fathers in this thread *scarsim

Anyway, as for myself, I am just going to send him a card and a gift that i might buy over this weekend. I don't get to see him much cause he is in the East coast, and I am currently in the West coast.

I just hope all the father's out there will get some love, and respect they should get.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Given the responses to this thread, I'm wondering if there isn't a correlation between the relationship one has with his/her father and social anxiety. My parents were divorced when I was very young and I only saw my dad every other weekend until I was 14. When I was 14, my mom committed suicide and I went to live with my father.

Even though we talk several times a week, we've never really had a really meaningful discussion. Honestly, I really don't know that much about who he is and vice versa. Neither of us share our feelings. I'd like to have deeper conversations with him, but social anxiety holds me back.

As for Father's Day, I'll probably get him a card and some gift (I'm not sure what yet).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts