Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my life, when I've seen train tracks, or seen that train, I've thought about what if I just jump on that train, follow the tracks, see where I went, would I be happier by myself, hopping trains the rest of my life...

Just wondering if anyone else feels that impulse to just go, run, whatever you want to call it. Just to stay away from other people...

·
Banned
136 Posts
I worry too much to even consider that as an option. I'd think of all the worse things that could happen to me out in the world on my own. Plus, I'm female and that can hardly be a safe lifestyle for a woman to lead.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Despite my love for Emperor of the North, I'm more likely to contemplate jumping in front of one.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,267 Posts
I have this sort of impulse with regard to my home city, just leaving everything that it represents behind. It's a regular thought of mine. I actually left for a year but I didn't take it seriously so that's why I'm back. Should the chance come again it'll be no jokes at all the second time around

·
Registered
8 Posts
All my life, when I've seen train tracks, or seen that train, I've thought about what if I just jump on that train, follow the tracks, see where I went, would I be happier by myself, hopping trains the rest of my life...

Just wondering if anyone else feels that impulse to just go, run, whatever you want to call it. Just to stay away from other people...
Sure I like to stay away from other people. I enjoy it, though I know its not healthy. I only get an impulse to "just go, run, whatever" when Im in a gathering.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I've run away before. Halfway around the world. Twice. It doesn't help. You can't escape your demons because they are always with you no matter where you are. The only thing you can do is try to fight them.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I'm not sure if i could live the life of a drifter. Although at times i feel like just disappearing and not caring about anyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts