Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your 24 hours of spare time a day, try at least 60 minutes of jogging in place. give it at least 7 days and feel the difference....just do it. It is my secret cure. I can now go out to pay the bills, go grocery shopping, go out for dinner at a restaurant, drive my parents car...it's a lifesaver!!!!:boogie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no!!! can't even afford meds! I just use the Crack in my username cause I thought I was on crack when my anxiety acts up.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
John Crack, the jogging probably releases endorphins in your brain which make you feel less anxious. I have felt less anxious after walking and jogging so I think it works. I am going to try it again. I used to walk long distances and mixed it with the jogging but I stopped. But when I used to walk and jog I felt so much better. I felt less anxious and more capable socially.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
John Crack, the jogging probably releases endorphins in your brain which make you feel less anxious. I have felt less anxious after walking and jogging so I think it works. I am going to try it again. I used to walk long distances and mixed it with the jogging but I stopped. But when I used to walk and jog I felt so much better. I felt less anxious and more capable socially.
I think it has a lot more to due with the fact that it puts you into a greater sedative state for the rest of the day > the endorphins released. Same reason SSRI's are sometimes prescribed for treating anxiety instead of/ or in conjunction with depression..... (endorphins can in some instances actually produce heightened anxiety.)

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
I went to the gym for a couple months, and it does cause you to feel pretty good. It didn't really cure SA for me at all though. :/

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I'm terrible at running, but I try and go for long walks (around 10 miles) at least once a week and I do feel better, my head feels clearer, and I love the feeling when I'm in bed and my leg muscles ache from exercise.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I love a morning run before streets are loud. It gives me the excuse to go out and not have to talk to anyone and feels like I'm doing something with myself. It's just first getting out there that's tough for me. I could never run in place like that though. Power toya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts