Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of part-time jobs would you guys recommend gettin that don't involve much social interaction for a high school student...?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dyablo said:
What kind of part-time jobs would you guys recommend gettin that don't involve much social interaction for a high school student...?
I work at a garden center and I don't really have too many problems dealing with people at work, only when I'm not at work. If it wasn't for going to work and talking to people there, I wouldn't really talk to anyone at all.

Landscaping might be good work to avoid social interaction, but the work is pretty tough in the summer's heat. I guess that's the best advice I can give.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Cleaning offices :stu

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't want to sound harsh but you are very young and still have so much more to learn before you become more set in your ways of thinking. The more you avoid social interaction, the worse it will become as you get older. Because I avoided people for so many years, I basically lost all my self confidence and without confidence and self worth, and I lost a lot of years of my life as a result. I am almost 30, with a college degree in MIS and I got a job @ wal-mart last year which forced me to interact with others all the time and it was the best thing that happened to me in a long time. I am now going to be moving into my dream job appraising real estate because I don't fear interacting w/ others so much or worry what they think of me.
My suggestion to you is to get a job that involves a little social interaction and get comfortable w/ that and go from there. Retail is good because it requires you to interact w/ others on the short term. It is easier than you might think. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts