Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sold all of my textbooks and MAC Makeup Online and just used up the last bit of my stocks from my last job one year ago. I'm in college w/ 7 classes and I need a job really bad. Being a waitress, working in retail and stuff like that are obviously not going to work because of the S/A. Is anyone in a similar situation as me?! Do you have any suggestions on a part-time job that's safe for a girl or legitimate work from home?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
From your description it sounds like you want to avoid customer interaction, which is understandable. Do you think you could handle coworkers or do you want to avoid people altogether? If you can handle seeing some of the same people every day, you might want to try getting a behind-the-scenes type job somewhere. I worked at a used book store preparing books for sale in the back room. Obviously, that's sort of an odd job to come by, but more common ones would be a stocker at a grocery store or a dishwasher at a restaurant, something like that. Behind the scenes work comes with its own anxieties but it a lot better than dealing with customers, from my experience.

I know a lot of people at my college also sell stuff. Like, I know of one girl makes soap, and another makes hula hoops. Also, when I went to high school, a friend of mine sewed little squid plushies and sold them for five dollars each and they surprisingly sold very well. So...haha, I know that's not the most legitimate work field but if nothing else, putting up some fliers for something that you made might bring you a little extra cash and you wouldn't really have to deal with people that much other than the simple exchange of money and product.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts