Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Indifferent
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to browse job listings and apply to positions when they're already working? I know without a doubt that I can do better than the place I'm currently at, but after coming home from an eight-hour shift and hour-long commute, I simply cannot muster the energy to sift through openings, write cover letters, and tweak resumes. And on weekends, I just want to relax and have fun.

The sad thing is that I am often fearful of finding an open position that I would be perfect for, as that would mean at least an hour or two of my time trying to craft the perfect application.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Do it in stages.
Keep your resume up to date.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used my previous cover letter and edit some details, so I think write a cover letter and updates resumes would not need much times.
just need some times and motivation to do it.
because you don't have to write a very long resumes..
the difficult part is when you got called for interview and the interview process takes more than one time, so it's hard to always ask to leave work,
(interview process in big companies usually have a lot stage)

·
Among the ashes
1,464 Posts
It's the same with me. My job is physically demanding and when I get home I have barely enough energy to eat. I feel trapped in a similar way I felt when I was unemployed, because when I do give time to looking for jobs I just think of going through the whole process of interviewing/trying to impress all over again. It pulls my mood way down. I know I can't stay where I'm at forever, but it would be nice to find something else before letting it go. Easier said than done...I have no choice but to stay.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Same for me...but like others have said, do it stage by stage... Start with your resume, and once you got it ready, you will realize it's much easier. And once you send out the first application... the rest will be come easier too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts