Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I'm going to be looking for jobs tomorrow and I want to be ready for when I have to fill out the applications.

I had other jobs but I don't remember my supervisors names or anything like that. I could look up my last work, but I kinda left on a bad note that I don't want to call them up, plus I can't remember the name of my supervisor or manager.

Now, I don't have any references to write down, so I'm thinking about adding a friend or two, but I don't know what their tittle should be? I don't want it to just say "friend".

What should I write down?

Edit:
I just noticed the job section here, so if someone could move it, or ill just re do it

Edit 2:
Don't know how to delete this.. =/

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just write "references available upon request" and that should usually just do it until they ask (if they ask).

You shouldnt really put friends down as a reference, its usually past supervisors, bosses, people youve worked for, teachers, people youve done volunteer work for etc.

I cheated once and had my friends uncle down as a reference for a job i never had ^.^

if they poned him up, he iust gave me a good reference as a favor and that was that. There wasnt a problem with them checking i had worked there because the place had closed down about 2 months before. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They will not call, I just want to make the application look as "good" as possible so they will accept me. I'm pretty much getting a factory job and they don't care for you there, they just use you and kick you out once everything is done with so I doubt they will call every reference number from all the people who apply. But thank you for replying to this though. I though this thread was dead already lol.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Note that a friend as a reference won't hold nearly as much weight as a more professional one.
I know, but I'm not applying for a fancy job, so I don't think they will care. I'm going for a factory job with minimum wage and people come and go all the time when it comes to factory jobs. So I just want to make the application seem good for when they just look at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts