Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went around my town a few days and picked up several job applications, which that itself was kinda difficult. I also applied online to Borders.

Most of the applications I picked up were for fast food restaurants, which I'm really not that nervous about because I've heard that there is hardly an interview for fast food places. However, I really don't want to work at fast food unless I have to. I'm hoping for a job at Borders. The environment is somewhat calming for me and it seems like a good place to work because I love books, music, and movies.

Borders is a pretty professional store though, and I'm extremely worried about the interview if I get called in for one. Has anyone worked at Borders before (or somewhere similar)? What kind of questions did they ask and how do you answer them? I've never had a real interview before and I keep seeing myself showing up and stuttering and mumbling each sentence. I really want this job though!

Any help would be nice. I'm so nervous about this..

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
Your best bet is to go online and look up interview stuff so you have a general idea of what to do and say. Every interviewer is different so they may have some typical questions about the postition your applying for, but they also may throw their own personal questions in as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been doing the same thing recently... putting in applications online. I'm also interested in working for Borders, but no repsonses so far.

My sister put me off by saying that in this market, everybody's trying to get their hands on any job availabe, and I shouldn't get my hopes up. Not exactly what I want to hear. :blank

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I had a job interview with Krogers last week and landed the job within 24 hours. The key was practicing for my interview. They will ask you questions like "Tell me about yourself.", "What are the strengths you can bring to this company?", and "What hours are you willing fo work?". Google "interview questions" and you will get more ideas. They won't get really deep into personal questions like "What are your biggest weaknesses?". They mostly just want to know a general idea of who you are and what your availibility is.

Just pick some questions they might ask you and write them down in a notebook. Write answers you might give to the questions and practice answering the questions. I practiced this for several hours the week before the interview and had all my written answers memorized. You won't say the exact words you wrote down during the interview, but the key points will be there.

As long as you prepare well for the questions they might ask you, everything will be fine. Just relax at the interview, take a few deep breaths and mantain eye contact with the interviewer. I was stressing over my interview last week too, but it turned out to be fine.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts