Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of trying to get out of my job I finally had an interview. I tried to keep expectations low; it was only a phone interview. Things seemed to be going well until the interviewer asked what my ideal work environment was like...and I told him the truth. Just give me a big pile of work and let me do it. His voice changed, and he said the CEO "wants everyone's top priority to be cooperation." No technical questions, few follow-ups, "I'll pass this on to the team that decides if we'll do in-person interviews."

This was not my dream job. But I didn't even tell the guy I don't like other people and I want to work from home. Eleven minutes. I guess it could be worse, and I could have gone through many rounds of it.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,837 Posts
Do not fret. Instead relish in the notion that you were honest. So few people are these days.

I'm currently in the process of looking at other prospects and leaving my current job of 8 years.

When I have an interview lined up, how you conducted yourself is exactly how I plan on conducting myself. Tell them of my desire for solo work, tell them of my introverted nature and desire to not talk unless necessary. If they don't accept that, screw 'em I'm done tailoring myself to fit other's expectations. Other jobs are out there.

Other people will tell you to fake it until you make it; that is certainly not me and that is a decision you are going to have to personally make but from my perspective, bravo!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts