Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Doing nothing
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first job a week ago, but it didn't work out and I got fired. And I am applying again, I was wondering, on my application where it asks if I worked within the last 6 months, I am required by law to list my 7 hours I worked?

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I got my first job a week ago, but it didn't work out and I got fired. And I am applying again, I was wondering, on my application where it asks if I worked within the last 6 months, I am required by law to list my 7 hours I worked?
Umm, maybe if you're, like, applying to be a federal agent?

Otherwise, go ahead with the lie. The job-getting process is more about lies than truths anyway, so who cares? The only thing is, if you get caught in the lie after you're hired, you could get fired over it.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Yeah, but unless your employer hires a private investigator, they're not going to find out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Most companies only care for related job experience. When I am interviewing someone, I honestly don't care if they worked at Walmart, MacDonalds, Burger King, or any retail chain if they are applying for an Engineering/IT position.

So what I mean, is that just dont include it and say it wasn't related to whatever you are applying for if they ask

1 - 5 of 5 Posts